What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fragments of Your Soul (The Mirror Worlds #1)
This topic is about Fragments of Your Soul
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy/Romance, Heroine falls of bridge through „wormhole“ and gets trapped in another/ parallel world. Tries to find way back, Norse gods, mythology, shapeshifters, magic and Loki as the Main Love interest! [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Piperell (last edited Sep 01, 2018 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Piperell | 2 comments Okay After days of searching for this Book this is my last hope: I read it a couple of years ago (so no recently published work). Its about a Young woman or Girl that accidentially falls of a Bridge and lands in a River in another or parallel world that is dark. She is saved by someone but they Tell her that she is trapped and cannot return to earth. While she has to work to earn her stay she experiences some hardships , gets attacked by creatures or something. But She is determined to find a way home and attends an Academy of magic (alongside shapeshifters and other beings). Later it is revealed that she can do magic and learns how to use it. She meets the gods (Norse mythology if i remember correctly), they are ruling this world and at some Point has to flee.
Loki who is capable of taking any form, is very mysterious and cruel to her in the beginning but warms up and teaches her how to fight while keeping her hidden. She is later even „forced“ to marry him because of some political reason (cant remember why, but I think it has something to do with a prophecy)
We meet his ice giant family, all somehow royalty and even Loki’s children. His son is permanent in wolf form for some reason. At the end she has to stop Loki from killing Odin and she stays in this world.

Im sorry for all these confusing infos but I keep remembering bits and pieces and it drives me nuts that i can’t find the book.
I think i read it as an ebook on my kindle and it’s a stand alone not a series, but I could be wrong.

message 2: by Aerulan (new) - added it

Aerulan | 1247 comments So the only thing that really matches is falling off a bridge into a portal and landing in a river on the otherside in a world that's darker than ours, (no Loki or other gods that I recall) but I'm going to mention it anyway just in case The UnTied Kingdom.

message 3: by Piperell (last edited Sep 02, 2018 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Piperell | 2 comments So after nearly getting mad because I though I imagined this book and spending a sleepless night looking through every book where norse gods are mentioned (I’m obsessed like that): I finally found it!! It’s called Fragments of your soul by E.S. Erbsland and is in fact part of a Series (sorry) but the next book has yet to be published
Sorry for any trouble I may have caused and thank you for the suggestion :)

btw: the god is called Loke instead of Loki (😒 explains why I could not find it) and for some reason I can’t understand it’s very unknown but I highly recommend it!

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments I’m glad you found your book, Piperell! (That’s such a pretty name.)
Fragments of Your Soul for the link.