Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > combining two editions of a single book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Wolkomir | 3 comments I just added my latest novel to Goodreads, a thriller called "Caliban Rising." I thought it would be best to combine the Kindle and paperback editions, but when I tried to do that, I got the message that I must combine two editions, which is exactly what I was trying to do.

I'm confused. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Richard Wolkomir

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Sep 01, 2018 06:01PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23346 comments They are already combined. This would make it look like one edition to the combine function. If you added either edition using the "Add a new edition" link, they would be automatically combined. Maybe that's what happened?

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Wolkomir | 3 comments Thank you--I'm not sure what happened, but if they're combined, so they are.

I thought they'd appear as they do in the Amazon bookstore, as one image with a choice, paperback edition or Kindle edition, so anyone happening upon the book and interested, would see they had that choice. Given enough time, I may yet get the hang of all this.

Again, thanks. It's appreciated.

Richard Wolkomir

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14837 comments Richard wrote: "I thought they'd appear as they do in the Amazon bookstore, as one image with a choice, paperback edition or Kindle edition, so anyone happening upon the book and interested, would see they had that choice."

Here, you get that by clicking on Other Editions or More Editions on the book page: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Wolkomir | 3 comments Thanks, Lethe.

I have a number of books on Goodreads, besides this new novel, but apparently I'm still learning some of the ropes, or maybe all of the ropes.

Again, thanks--I greatly appreciate the help.

Best, Richard Wolkomir