Beyond Reality discussion

General - Group Business > Please Welcome New Mod (and Long-Long-Time Member) - Kathi!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Hi everyone,

Things have been a bit chaotic in Beyond Reality mod-land lately. I've had health problems, family health problems, and computer problems. I have been neither available nor engaged. The group needs and deserves more.

Nick also has ongoing health problems and has held the fort ably. I certainly couldn't have held it together here without him the past few years. However, it is definitely time for a transition to a more stable moderation landscape.

Please welcome Kathi to your mod squad! Kathi has been part of this group far longer than I have; I believe she's one of the longest-active members of the group, from back before there was a Goodreads, and the group lived on the Yahoo forums. (Kathi - correct me if I'm wrong here.)

In the coming weeks, we will be hopefully adding another mod or two to help things run more smoothly. Both Nick and I need to phase ourselves out, due to those ongoing, previously-mentioned health and family issues. Having Kathi onboard will be a huge positive move for the group, as she is both engaged and all-around awesome!

Everyone give Kathi a warm welcome! Thanks so much, Kathi for all you've contributed to the group over the years, and for all you do to make this corner of the internet a lovely place to hang out.

message 2: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Congratulations, Kathi!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 485 comments Thanks for all you’ve done Candiss.

message 4: by Frank (last edited Sep 01, 2018 01:25PM) (new)

Frank | 26 comments Yes, thank-you to Candiss and Nick for their work. Congratulations and thanks to Kathi.

message 5: by aPriL does feral sometimes (last edited Sep 01, 2018 09:54AM) (new)

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) | 237 comments Cool. Welcome Kathi. Sorry for your troubles Candiss and Nick.

message 6: by Mosca (new)

Mosca | 12 comments Thank you, Candiss and Nick for your work; it is appreciated. Thank you Kathi for jumping into the breach.

Grateful to all three of you.

message 7: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinescholefield) | 563 comments Congrats Kathi! :)

message 8: by Renata (new)

Renata Riva | 20 comments Congratulations Kathi and thank you to Candiss and Nick. I've really enjoyed being part of this group so far.

message 9: by Yelena (new)

Yelena As a long time lurker in this group, thank you Candiss and Nick for everything you've contributed and your generosity with your time.
Welcome Kathi.

message 10: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 977 comments Thanks Candiss, for this wonderful message!

When Stefan first approached me as to taking over mod duties, I was a little shocked. I always felt I was the one whose hand was being slapped for bringing in my love of mystery novels (going off-topic) or talking too much about the Large Hadron Supercollider, which happens to be a grand interest of mine (for one thing, I can hardly distinguish between it, as well as other aspects of physics research, and science fiction!)

Candiss, you are the best! When it comes to super-organizational abilities, you are the one I have always had to go to, and I appreciate that immensely. It is good to hear that you willl continue on in mod status for a good while. Beyond Reality is certainly in good hands with your input.

I will be taking a less active role on the moderator side, but will certainly still be around -- and maybe now I can be more of an active participant in BOTM discussions as well as series reads! I am looking forward to it.

Thanks all!

Nick

message 11: by Helen (new)

Helen Congrats Kathi.

Thanks to Candiss and Nick for your hard work.

message 12: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3383 comments Mod
Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments!

Let me echo everyone’s gratitude to Candiss and Nick. There has been a lot of messaging, mentoring, and learning behind the scenes, and I have big shoes to fill. I am especially thankful that both Candiss and Nick will be available during this transition.

I am super-excited! Let’s read!

message 13: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 298 comments Congratulations, Kathi! A great choice!

But I do hope Candiss and Nick keep their hand in, it wouldn't be Beyond Reality without you guys!

message 14: by DivaDiane (new)

DivaDiane | 188 comments Thanks Kathi, for taking on this monumental job! You’ll be great, you’ve been a fixture here for so long that I’m sure we will barely notice the transition. You will though, I’m sure! 😜

message 15: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2393 comments Mod
Hey, neat! Way to go Kathi! And a huge thank you to Candiss and Nick for keeping us running!

message 16: by DivaDiane (new)

DivaDiane | 188 comments I was remiss in not thanking you Candiss and Nick for your many years of wonderful moderation. I do know that it takes its toll. I hope the health issues for both of you get resolved forthwith. Hopefully, you’ll both have more time for reading pursuits!

message 17: by Chris, Moderator (new)

Chris (heroncfr) | 618 comments Mod
Welcome, Kathi! You've been a wonderful series moderator, so I know you'll be terrific!

message 18: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Sep 02, 2018 05:25PM) (new)

Kathi | 3383 comments Mod
And yet another thank you to you all for your kind words!

message 19: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 403 comments Thank you Candiss and Nick (and Stefan!) for continually making this such a great reader-space. And congrats, Kathi! I know you'll be awesome!

message 20: by Leserling (new)

Leserling Belana (vorleser) | 64 comments Welcome, Kathi! Candiss and Nick, I do hope your respective health will improve soon. xxx

message 21: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 977 comments Thanks everyone!

I am taking more of a backseat now, but Candiss is still going to be around to help out Kathi. I did a lot of the summer duties due to Candiss' health and family-helath issues (not to mention her computer health issues!) But hopefully those are more under control now. We are thinking good thoughts about you Candiss!

I still will stick my nose in periodically. But Kathi appears to have things under control!

Thanks again Kathi!