Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Incomplete Series Challenge > Karishma's Incomplete Series Tracker

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karishma (last edited Dec 13, 2018 07:49AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Incomplete Series

message 2: by Karishma (last edited Nov 13, 2018 08:37AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Priority Series I want to start

message 3: by Karishma (last edited Aug 31, 2018 04:30PM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Completed

message 4: by Karishma (last edited Aug 31, 2018 04:28PM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Up to date

message 5: by Karishma (last edited Nov 13, 2018 08:45AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Abandoned

message 6: by Karishma (last edited Nov 13, 2018 08:49AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Not in the Mood for Currently

1. Dresden Files [Postponed till I get time to listen to audios]
2. Sandman Slim [Postponed till I get time to listen to audios]
3. Ram Chandra Series [After Series is completed - one book left]

message 7: by Virginie (last edited Sep 03, 2018 09:36AM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Ok, I checked your spreadsheet for potential 2019 BRs :D
I've got:
- The Twenty Sided Sorceress by Annie Bellet
- The Copper Cat by Jen Williams
- Bartimaeus by Jonathan Stroud
- The Faithful and The Fallen by John Gwynne

and The Winnowing Flame Trilogy by Jen Williams that we could get to once you're done with your exams in June :)

Now, I don't want to make a schedule yet but I have a 'To plan' section on my BR tracker. I'll add those series to it so I don't forget and we can further plan the BRs when you come back on Goodreads (December, right?)

Is that OK? :D

message 8: by Karishma (last edited Sep 03, 2018 10:20AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Yea to all - how can I possibly refuse the newly crowned empress!

message 9: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Btw Elinor and I are reading Gryphonpike by Annie Bellet right now - very very short - join!

message 10: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments City of Stairs
The Bartimeus series ? I've read book 1 and would love to continue on
The Worth Saga for the Courtney Milan ^^
Here as some things that caught my eye on your spreadsheet :)

message 11: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Did you ask me for City of Stairs somewhere else or who did? I need to check my past days comments and summarise.

I'm not a 100% sure about City Of Stairs ( maybe doing it in bb&b - MacHalo sister group - which you might as well join since you have joined MacHalos)

Bartimeus yes - some forgotten childhood read for me.

And the Worth Saga - yes.

message 12: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Don't think I've already asked you about City of Stairs... Sarah loved it so I need to check it out. Because Pippa DaCosta and Annie Bellet.

Oh my MacHalo is not enough, she has a sister ?? now I'm sure I will want to join this one as well... or get some control and restrain ?

Yeah for Bartimeus and Worth ! :D

message 13: by Laura Tenfingers (new)

Laura Tenfingers | 1125 comments Very impressive organizational skills!

message 14: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Laura Tenfingers wrote: "Very impressive organizational skills!"

Thanks 😘

Anything catch your interest for next year?

message 15: by Laura Tenfingers (new)

Laura Tenfingers | 1125 comments I'll read Vicious #2 whenever that comes out. A group of us read#1 and will prob do a br for #2 if you want to join in.

message 16: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Laura Tenfingers wrote: "I'll read Vicious #2 whenever that comes out. A group of us read#1 and will prob do a br for #2 if you want to join in."

Not going to be doing anymore BR's this year - I am planning out next year actually!

message 17: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Update

Finished
Gryphonpike Series by Annie Bellet with Elinor(5 books) - 3.5-4 stars average series rating

Up to Date
Kat Holloway series by Jennifer Ashley(3 books) - 4 star series - Genre - Mystery

message 18: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Finished 1800 - where - are - you series by Meg Cabot.

On account of being ill finished all the books in 2 days.

Is it weird that I'm totally proud of myself for finishing 4 books in 8 hours 😎😎

message 19: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments that's not weird, that's a very very good job ! go you !

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 150 comments 4 books in 8 hours is pretty impressive! :)

message 21: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Thanks Elinor and Brittany :):)

message 22: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Complete

Hover Car Series by Matthew Reilly - 4stars series
The Princess Tales Series by Gail Carson Levine - 3.5 star series - all books are standalones with Cinderellis and the glass hill the best of the lot.

message 23: by Karishma (last edited Sep 27, 2018 11:26PM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Complete
Legion by Sanderson

Perfect utterly perfect upto the last chapter. I absolutely hate how wrong the ending is!

Edit: But this series is a must read!

message 24: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments ugh that's not a good feeling that ><

message 25: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Elinor wrote: "ugh that's not a good feeling that ><"

Not at all.

Have you read the other books in this series?

message 26: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments The Legion series ? Not yet, haven't started it yet, but now that there is a complete edition I will be able to buy it !

message 27: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Elinor wrote: "The Legion series ? Not yet, haven't started it yet, but now that there is a complete edition I will be able to buy it !"

Okay, definitely read it!

I think Virginie and Nikki were also planning to read it.

message 28: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I plan on reading every single book Brandon God Sanderson will ever write. Well, not if he decide to write a horror book about zombie, but the rest of it, yeah, going to read them all ^^

message 29: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Elinor wrote: "I plan on reading every single book Brandon God Sanderson will ever write. Well, not if he decide to write a horror book about zombie, but the rest of it, yeah, going to read them all ^^"

Lol, this was my first Sanderson, but I plan to read all his novellas this year and then after Malazan year next year it will be Sanderson year in 2020.

message 30: by Virginie (last edited Sep 28, 2018 01:05AM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Karishma wrote: "Lol, this was my first Sanderson, but I plan to read all his novellas this year and then after Malazan year next year it will be Sanderson year in 2020."

Definitely read The Emperor's Soul! It's such an amazing novella :)

Also... Cute, how you think Malazan will only take a year. :p

message 31: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Empress Virginie wrote: "Karishma wrote: "Lol, this was my first Sanderson, but I plan to read all his novellas this year and then after Malazan year next year it will be Sanderson year in 2020."

Definitely read [book:The..."

I'm reading The Emperor's Soul right now Virginie!

It's only 8000 pages, I thought one year would be enough?

message 32: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Apparently, there's sub-series and novellas. There's 27 things to read total I think. And it's very dense. But it all depends on the pace you read it :)
I know I'll do it slowly and leisurely ;)

message 33: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Empress Virginie wrote: "Apparently, there's sub-series and novellas. There's 27 things to read total I think. And it's very dense. But it all depends on the pace you read it :)
I know I'll do it slowly and leisurely ;)"

Well, I will be reading it with you so we will be doing it at the same pace!

I didn't know about the subseries I just saw the complete Malazan books pages.

message 34: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I'm so afraid of Malazan ><

message 35: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Elinor wrote: "I'm so afraid of Malazan ><"

Well, we will all be reading it together I'm sure it will be great fun!!

message 36: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Elinor wrote: "I'm so afraid of Malazan ><"

Haha! It'll be fun! Plus, this group has a crazy amount of Malazan veterans to motivate us :)

message 37: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Update :

Books by Rachael Anderson - Clean, Sweet HR that leaves you with a smile on your face. All books on KU. - 4-4.5 star author.

Tanglewood series - 3 books - Complete - Reread first two and completed the whole thing. - First book is a Kindle Freebie

Serendipity - 1 Book - UTD. Next comes out in November.

message 38: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments @Virginie and Elinor - Are you planning on reading theThe Amulet of Samarkand - in December?

Because, we had planned on a BR, and if you both aren't I will wait and not join the BoTM!

message 39: by Virginie (last edited Nov 13, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Mmmh. I know we mentioned a lot of series we could BR but I don't want to plan too many at the moment. Like I said on my tracker, tons of BRs stress me out. I don't think I will be able to handle more than in 2019:
- Darkest London
- The Twenty-Sided Sorceress
- The Winnowing Flame
- Manifest Delusions
- The Divine Cities
and of course, Malazan (gargh, I really need to get started on making the schedule for this)

Make your plans without worrying about me for other series, OK? :)

message 40: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Okay! I will! Thanks for letting me know! And yes please at least make the schedule for the first two Malazan books soon!

message 41: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Setting my incomplete series to zero and restarting from today.

message 42: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Timelord Iain | 17894 comments Mod
Karishma wrote: "Setting my incomplete series to zero and restarting from today."

CHEATER ;P

message 43: by Karishma (last edited Dec 13, 2018 08:17AM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Timelord Iain (Eeyawn) wrote: "Karishma wrote: "Setting my incomplete series to zero and restarting from today."

CHEATER ;P"

:P :P :P