YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Unhooked
This topic is about Unhooked
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Unhooked, by Lisa Maxwell - Restarting March 12th 2019

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments Description: For as long as she can remember, Gwendolyn Allister has never had a place to call home—all because her mother believes that monsters are hunting them. Now these delusions have brought them to London, far from the life Gwen had finally started to build for herself. The only saving grace is her best friend, Olivia, who’s coming with them for the summer.

But when Gwen and Olivia are kidnapped by shadowy creatures and taken to a world of flesh-eating sea hags and dangerous Fey, Gwen realizes her mom might have been sane all along.

The world Gwen finds herself in is called Neverland, yet it’s nothing like the stories. Here, good and evil lose their meaning and memories slip like water through her fingers. As Gwen struggles to remember where she came from and find a way home, she must choose between trusting the charming fairy-tale hero who says all the right things and the roguish young pirate who promises to keep her safe.

With time running out and her enemies closing in, Gwen is forced to face the truths she’s been hiding from all along. But will she be able to save Neverland without losing herself?

Jennifer | 3551 comments I'm staring tonight!

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 18, 2018 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ch 11 (24%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 19 (48%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 29 - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

I liked this retelling. It was different! It was a lot darker than I anticipated, how about you?

message 4: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 12th of March 2019

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 5: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments I was going to start this today but if nobody is going to be reading it with me I will move on to my next book

Kelly | 1373 comments Susan wrote: "I was going to start this today but if nobody is going to be reading it with me I will move on to my next book"

Hey, I was thinking about reading the first few chapters tonight (it's already 10pm here) so I'll try to comment here when I do :)

Kelly | 1373 comments Chap 4 - 10% - I'm liking it so far! (view spoiler)

Kelly | 1373 comments 23% - I'm still enjoying this book. I've never read anything related to Peter Pan so I'm curious to see where this is going!

Kelly | 1373 comments Chap 13 - 29% (view spoiler)

message 10: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments I didn't know anyone was reading it. I will start it tonight when I finish the other book I started. I'm close to finishing the one I'm reading now so I should be able to start this tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm so happy someone is here to read with me

Kelly | 1373 comments I'm at 37%, I took a little break from this book but I'll try to finish it today !

Susan, did you start it ? :)

Kelly | 1373 comments Finished- (view spoiler)

Jamie | 11417 comments Kelly wrote: "Chap 4 - 10% - I'm liking it so far! [spoilers removed]"

I am liking it too! (view spoiler)

Jamie | 11417 comments Ch 10 (view spoiler)

Kelly | 1373 comments FMC = Female Main Character :)

Jamie | 11417 comments Kelly wrote: "FMC = Female Main Character :)"

Ahh okay. Thanks!

Jamie | 11417 comments Kelly wrote: "Chap 13 - 29% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Jamie (last edited Apr 06, 2019 11:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie | 11417 comments Kelly wrote: "Finished- Ok so I enjoyed this book overall but reading your comment Jennifer, I agree with you!

It was a lacking sort of weird end (view spoiler)