What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. For generations, two rival groups have fought one another in a battle that takes place amongst modern-day civilians who have no idea this war even exists (Fiction / 2010-ish)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vance Tucker (new)

Vance Tucker (vancetucker) | 3 comments This book was set in modern-day America where a Guy and Girl from rival groups start dating and fall in love. The Girl gets pregnant and/or ends up having a baby and the two of them go on the run to try and escape together.

I remember the book opening with a scene of the main character killing a woman carrying groceries on her way home. It would seem like a random act of violence but she was part of the rival group that his group was at war with.

I think I read this book around 2010 or so. It had a yellow book jacket I believe, was by a male author, and I think the title was something with "Children" in it.

The war is just one group trying to kill members of the other group. I can't remember why, but I think that's the point.

Wasn't my favorite book, but I liked some of the ideas and themes in it. Curious to revisit.

message 2: by Vance Tucker (new)

Vance Tucker (vancetucker) | 3 comments FOUND IT!
It's called "Children of Paranoia"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Sounds interesting. Children of Paranoia for the link. Isn’t it satisfying to find a book yourself?

message 4: by Vance Tucker (new)

Vance Tucker (vancetucker) | 3 comments It is!