The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 30.4 – Schatzie’s task: The Chunkster

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 01, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
30.4 – Schatzie’s task: The Chunkster

Ten years ago, I started listening to audiobooks. I would pick out the longest ones at my library because I loved it when a book took a week or more to get through. The Outlander series, Gone with the Wind, and some of Philippa Gregory’s books were among my favorites. For this task, pick one option below.

Required: State which option you chose when posting.

Option 1: The ONE BOOK OPTION - read ONE book with a MPG of Historical Fiction and is at least 750 pages long.

Option 2: The TWO BOOK OPTION - read two books, both with a MPG of Historical Fiction, and with a combined page length that equals at least 750 pages.

The genre Historical Fiction may be stand alone or embedded for either option.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7922 comments LOve my chunksters!

message 6: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments The one i started reading yesterday The Labyrinth of the Spirits Fits YEAH

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7922 comments I doubt they will fall off, but just in case - can I get:
Another Woman's Husband - historical fiction by 38ppl

Sold on a Monday - historical fiction 127ppl

noted for genre

message 8: by Chandni (new)

Chandni (chandnin31) | 370 comments Hi, could I please get The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. have its MPG of Historical Fiction noted?
Thanks.

message 9: by Donna (last edited Sep 01, 2018 06:39PM) (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Dee wrote: "I doubt they will fall off, but just in case - can I get:
Another Woman's Husband - historical fiction by 38ppl

Sold on a Monday - historical fiction 127ppl

noted ..."

Both work Dee. Enjoy. And I'm glad you share my love of chunky books.

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Marie (UK) wrote: "The one i started reading yesterday The Labyrinth of the Spirits Fits YEAH"

Enjoy Marie. I love that author.

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Chandni wrote: "Hi, could I please get The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. have its MPG of Historical Fiction noted?
Thanks."

Chandni, the genre has been noted.

message 12: by Chandni (new)

Chandni (chandnin31) | 370 comments Donna wrote: "Chandni wrote: "Hi, could I please get The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. have its MPG of Historical Fiction noted?
Thanks."

Chandni, the genre has been noted."

Thanks so much Donna!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Could I please have A Death at the Dionysus Club noted for genre?
historical fiction by 15ppl

message 14: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2697 comments You know, this task may actually mean I finally read Gone with the Wind

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Could I please have A Death at the Dionysus Club noted for genre?
historical fiction by 15ppl"

Genre noted Elizabeth.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Trish wrote: "You know, this task may actually mean I finally read Gone with the Wind"

Ohhh...I encourage you Trish. I loved the book. It was different than the movie, but I couldn't help but to picture Clark Gable as Rhett. He was cast perfectly.

message 17: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3978 comments Please verify HISTORICAL FICTION (832 p for Option 1)
Light a Penny Candle

message 18: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) Will you please verify HF for Ostland and The Hired Man? Thanks!

message 19: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Please verify HISTORICAL FICTION (832 p for Option 1)
Light a Penny Candle"

Noted. Enjoy.

message 20: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Pam wrote: "Will you please verify HF for Ostland and The Hired Man? Thanks!"

Both are noted, Pam.

message 21: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Can I get The Tropic of Serpents and/or The Voyage of the Basilisk confirmed as historical fiction?

message 22: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Brooke wrote: "Can I get The Tropic of Serpents and/or The Voyage of the Basilisk confirmed as historical fiction?"

Hi Brooke, genres on both have been noted. They look fun.

message 23: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Can I have My Plain Jane and The Paying Guests verified for Historical Fiction? Please and thank you!

message 24: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Sally wrote: "Can I have My Plain Jane and The Paying Guests verified for Historical Fiction? Please and thank you!"

Sally, both are good to go.

message 25: by Shree (new)

Shree | 120 comments Would like to note A Study in Darkness for historical fiction please.

message 26: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Shree wrote: "Would like to note A Study in Darkness for historical fiction please."

Shree, that works.

message 27: by Amy the book-bat (new)

Amy the book-bat (batkisses) | 201 comments I will finally read Les Misérables :-) YAY! I have been wanting to read it for quite some time.

message 28: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Amy "the book-bat" wrote: "I will finally read Les Misérables :-) YAY! I have been wanting to read it for quite some time."

I'm happy to hear that. That is quite an accomplishment. I LOVE LOVE that book. Have you read The Count of Monte Cristo?

message 29: by Amy the book-bat (new)

Amy the book-bat (batkisses) | 201 comments Donna wrote: "Amy "the book-bat" wrote: "I will finally read Les Misérables :-) YAY! I have been wanting to read it for quite some time."

I'm happy to hear that. That is quite an accomplishment. ..."

I read that one years ago in college. It was a really good one. I liked it a lot better than The Three Musketeers.

message 30: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Wayne wrote: "Please verify October 1970: A Novel and A Man of the People for historical fiction. Thanks!"

Both have been noted Wayne.

message 31: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (perletwo) | 1627 comments Could you verify the Historical Fiction genre for Middlemarch please?

message 32: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Hi Suzanne,
Genre is noted.

message 33: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2689 comments Could you verify East of Eden and Winter at Death's Hotel as "Historical Fiction"? Thanks bunches.

message 34: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Hi Nick, both are noted. Enjoy

message 35: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 23, 2018 09:19AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3978 comments Please verify as HISTORICAL FICTION
Sutton by J.R. Moehringer and The Constant Princess (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #6) by Philippa Gregory

message 36: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Please verify as HISTORICAL FICTION
Sutton by J.R. Moehringer and The Constant Princess (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #6) by Philippa Gregory"

Those are both noted. Let me know you like Sutton, I haven't read that one. It looks interesting.

message 37: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3978 comments Thanks, Donna. Will do re Sutton...

message 38: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 655 comments Please verify This Gun for Hire as historical fiction

message 39: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "Please verify This Gun for Hire as historical fiction"

Hi Shanna, it's been noted. Enjoy.

message 40: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 655 comments Please verify Dead Man's Land as historical fiction. Thanks

message 41: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "Please verify Dead Man's Land as historical fiction. Thanks"

The genre is noted.