What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Talk Before Sleep
This topic is about Talk Before Sleep
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary Fiction (Possible Fiction) read this book back in roughly 2007-2008. About a woman who became friends with another woman who had a difficult marriage and later was diagnosed with cancer. Possible Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenifer_2012 (new)

Jenifer_2012 | 2 comments Ask the topic says, I’m pretty sure I read this book around 2007-2008 when it was gifted to me by an Aunt.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD:
From what I remember from the book, it was about a woman who was more reserved and quiet then her friend who was more outgoing. Both had families of their own, but the other woman had a strained marriage at times, but tried to make it seem mostly perfect for appearances sake. The more out-going woman tried to teach the narrator how to be more open-minded about many things and had friends from different backgrounds. I remember at one point the woman divorced her husband and was eventually diagnosed with some form of cancer and tried to mend her strained relationship with her ex before deciding against it. The friend eventually died and they held a small funeral for her and planted her by a tree (I think. This was almost 10 years ago and I was only a teen).

If anyone can let me know what book this is, please let me know! I lost it during a move when I was 19 and haven’t been able to find a copy of it since!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Jenifer_2012, what is the story's time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

Can you tell us more about the women and their husbands - their ages, jobs/skills/interests, rich/poor, their children, etc.? How did they meet? Can you give examples of the "different backgrounds"?

message 3: by Kiwigirl1601 (new)

Kiwigirl1601 | 3 comments Could it be Talk Before Sleep?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Jenifer_2012 (new)

Jenifer_2012 | 2 comments That’s it! Talk Before Sleep was it!! Thank you 😊

message 5: by Kiwigirl1601 (new)

Kiwigirl1601 | 3 comments Jenifer_2012 wrote: "That’s it! Talk Before Sleep was it!! Thank you 😊"

YAY! I'm so happy I could help! Have a great day