What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Let Me Be The One (Compass Club, #1)
This topic is about Let Me Be The One
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Regency romance, England, 2010s, paperback, It's about a man, I don't remember if he's a Lord, who meets a girl, marries her to save her from her aunt and uncle I believe. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Travis (Trawen) | 17 comments What I really remember is the first scene in the book. The guy and three of his friends are sitting on a blanket at a garden party. The are reminiscing about their school days when they went to a fortune teller. Something about a peach. They are laughing loudly. The guy notices a girl laughing at or with them. He goes over and talks to her. She is painting. He asks her to go for a walk. She has a limp. (Spoiler). She is faking. She has a pebble in her shoe. Her guardians (aunt and uncle, maybe) are making her. They walk a little bit beside a lake then sit on a bench. My recollection gets kind of vague after that. They marry. She gets blackmailed by her guardians.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Oct 07, 2018 04:13PM) (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Wendy, Let Me Be The One by Jo Goodman seems to match your description.

Here's the Google Books preview - https://books.google.com/books?id=7YX...

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "regency romance" "fortune teller" "peach" limp)

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Travis (Trawen) | 17 comments Wendy wrote: "What I really remember is the first scene in the book. The guy and three of his friends are sitting on a blanket at a garden party. The are reminiscing about their school days when they went to a f..." solved. Thanks Kris.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Great. Glad we could help, Wendy.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Let Me Be The One (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jo Goodman (other topics)