East Fishkill Community Library Online Book Group discussion

General Discussion > How to post spoilers without spoiling anything

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EFCLibrary (new)

EFCLibrary | 48 comments When you go to post a comment, you will notice text above the right side of the comment box that says, "(some html is ok)". If you click on this, a box will pop up with some formatting tips. If you go down the list, you will see near the bottom, "spoiler". Copy and paste the text next to it. It should look like this: < spoiler>...< /spoiler> (It should not include spaces but I needed to add them so it would not read "view spoiler" instead.)

To keep your post spoiler-free, write your sensitive information right where the 3 dots (...) are in that line. It should (view spoiler)

This way, you can write your thoughts without telling people things that they may not want to discover yet!

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (chris_ferrero) This is helpful

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris (chris_ferrero) Oops, still getting the hang of this 😜 Meant to say Thanks, this is helpful for comparing notes as we read. Which is a key advantage to a Goodreads based discussion... We don’t have to wait for a meeting to share observations!

message 4: by Gloria (new)

Gloria | 15 comments Ha! Took me this long to read the hint on spoilers b/c I thought I knew how to do it and I WAS WRONG.

Thanks for the very helpful hint!

East Fishkill Community Library Online Book Group

unread topics | mark unread