Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Question about Multi-book Volumes

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara (sararielle) | 13 comments Why are trades/tpbs (sequential collections of comics) listed as editions of the first issue? My understanding is that volumes with multiple (normal) books in them are listed separately from the books they contain even when the books are are part of a series. I'm wondering what the distinction being drawn here is, seeing as in general the site doesn't make distinctions between its treatment of comics/graphic novels and "normal" books.

(I'm not doubting the decision, I'm just curious as to the logic behind it.)

message 2: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
They should not be. However, often the individual comics do not meet Goodreads guidelines for being added to the database. In that case, they may be merged (combined and then deleted) into the trade containing them to avoid losing ratings and reviews.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara (sararielle) | 13 comments Ok. I'm specifically looking at Buffyverse comics (as those are the main comics I read). I see the trade for Buffy s12 co-listed with issue #1 despite the fact that the whole run of issues is on GR. Should these be separated? Am I missing something?

message 4: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
That looks like a question of confusion. They should indeed be separated.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara (sararielle) | 13 comments Thanks for the clarification!