The Sword and Laser discussion

Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for R. A. Salavtore?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1159 comments Mod
We're interviewing Mr. Salavatore again which is always a pleasure. We'll be able to talk to him about TIMELESS, the new Drizzt Do’Urden novel as well as other stuff. So get some questions posted here by Wednesday evening and we'll be sure to try to ask him as many as possible.

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Riggins (crriggins) | 2 comments How does he feel about “Vector Prime” and the Chewbacca drama no longer being canon?

Also, I love all his books including VP and want to thank him for novels that helped me through my teenage years.

message 3: by Conor Newman (new)

Conor Newman (conornewman_author) How the hell does he write such amazingly engaging characters! Personalities, back stories, mannerisms, all dragging us in to the story, immersing readers completely, leaving us massively invested in the characters and therefor, in sequels. As a new author myself, this is the biggest struggle I feel, bring emotional investment from the reader into your characters.

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1729 comments Mod
Question from Keith via Twitter:

Is bob surprised and/or disappointed when fans read his Twitter feed and get very upset that their politics do not match his or upon reflection the books they read and then turn nasty.

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 78 comments Does Dungeons and Dragons factor into his writing? Often times when I’m reading, I feel like his books are just a narrated version of a gaming session, especially during battle/fight scenes.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott (dodger1379) | 126 comments How did clan battle hammer do this softball season?

Are there any plans to write books outside of the D&D and Corona worlds?

Please thank him for the decades of enjoyment he’s given us.