Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Turtles All the Way Down
This topic is about Turtles All the Way Down
Non-Linda Books of the Month > September '18 Everything Else BOTM - Turtles All The Way Down

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 1121 comments Mod
It all begins with a fugitive billionaire and the promise of a cash reward. Turtles All the Way Down is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, Star Wars fan fiction, and tuatara. But at its heart is Aza Holmes, a young woman navigating daily existence within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts.

In his long-awaited return, John Green shares Aza's story with shattering, unflinching clarity.

message 2: by Eve (new)

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Sound interesting, hope my library has it.

message 3: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I just finished it a couple days ago and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. I've had a weird couple of weeks where I'm reading but when it comes to writing a review, I don't know what to say.

message 4: by Eve (new)

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Got my copy from the library, so I will start next weekend and can join in discussions.

Judy | 974 comments Tanvi wrote: "I just finished it a couple days ago and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. I've had a weird couple of weeks where I'm reading but when it comes to writing a review, I don't know w..."
Tanvi, my reaction to this book is very similar to yours. I really don't know what to say about it. I don't very often read young adult lit and this is the first book by John Green that I have read. It is definitely an interesting study in teenage mental illness.

message 6: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 3 stars

finally reviewed it..

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 7: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Judy wrote: "Tanvi wrote: "I just finished it a couple days ago and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. I've had a weird couple of weeks where I'm reading but when it comes to writing a review, ..."

Yes the mental illness aspect was interesting but not that great apart from that. :(

message 8: by Eve (new)

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Great review Tanvi. Sorry it didn't work out. I started it but after about 50 pages I had to stop because other books were calling out for me ;)

message 9: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eve wrote: "Great review Tanvi. Sorry it didn't work out. I started it but after about 50 pages I had to stop because other books were calling out for me ;)"

Thanks, Eve! It's okay, I wanted to stop and read other books as well. :)