Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Questions about books no longer in a Kindle World

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Payne (booknooknuts) | 442 comments Hi my question is...
For authors who have their books on here who were once apart of Kindle Worlds and with those covers but now Kindle Worlds on Amazon is no longer and they are doing something new with those works. How do we change them? As in they have new covers, new ASIN# etc..
Do we add it to the old version and asked that they be combined? or what should we do? Thank you

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25107 comments New editions would be created. GR does not delete or replace old covers.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments New editions should be added and they should be combined with previous versions of the works.

message 4: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Payne (booknooknuts) | 442 comments Olivia wrote: "New editions should be added and they should be combined with previous versions of the works."

And we can post them here in GR Librarian group to be combined? although as stated they do have new covers so they would have to be the main cover

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments If you'll go to the old edition you will be able to use a link to add another edition of the work.
If they will get imported from Amazon they should be combined either by authors or librarians.
Authors on claimed profiles also have an option of choosing which edition they want to set as default one.

message 6: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Payne (booknooknuts) | 442 comments Olivia wrote: "If you'll go to the old edition you will be able to use a link to add another edition of the work.
If they will get imported from Amazon they should be combined either by authors or librarians.
Aut..."

I have 4 authors I PA for I know how to do the setting of the default unfortunately 2 of them do not lol But I did ask for changes etc in a thread so hopefully someone can help :) Thank you so much for answering

message 7: by Olivia (last edited Aug 27, 2018 03:16PM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments T.M.,
you can provide them with this link:
Setting default edition

And if they won't be able to figure it out they would need to contact support as librarians cannot do this.

message 8: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Payne (booknooknuts) | 442 comments Olivia wrote: "T.M.,
you can provide them with this link:
Setting default edition

And if they won't be able to figure it out they would need to contact support as librarians cannot do this."

Thank you :)