Christian Readers discussion

Scripture Memorization > Scripture - The Word Of God! Why do some teach that the Bible is not the Word of God?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1767 comments Mod
2 Timothy 3:16 - " All SCRIPTURE is BREATHED OUT BY GOD and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

This verse tells us that all Scripture is from God... it is God breathed... it is the Word of God!

Knowing this, the vast majority of the Bible can easily be identified as the Word of God.
__

Jesus identifies the books written by Moses and ALL the prophets as Scriptures (God breathed)

Luke 24:27 - "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets , he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself."
__

Jesus identified the Law, Prophets, and Psalms as Scriptures (God breathed)

Luke 24:44-45

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses , and in the prophets , and in the psalms , concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures ,
__

Peter identified ALL of Paul's epistles as Scripture (God breathed)

2 Peter 3:15-16

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles , speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures , unto their own destruction.
__

Just in these few verses alone, the vast majority of the Bible is identified as the Word of God .

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Good stuff.
When people tell me the entire bible is not the trustworthy Word of God: I assume they are not Elect. There's hope - but most likely they are Doomed. So sad.