the writing spot discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 99 comments Mod
This is a place where Mods come to talk about problems within the group, new ideas that we may be thinking of putting up, or to agree to something as a group without sending out tons of messages.

message 2: by Mylien (new)

Mylien Lai | 153 comments Mod
Hey! I was wondering about having a bookish roleplaying discussion as some members in the group like roleplaying. What do you think?

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 99 comments Mod
I think it might be able to work. Would it be book-based? Seeing as I don't think that we should add a folder for roleplays seeing as that could get out of hand. But maybe pick a few books that everyone likes then they can vote for the one that they want that month or so and then we can roleplay it one at a time?

message 4: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (breegreen_books) | 37 comments Mod
I think it is a good idea! Lots of people on this site love roleplaying so why not! The book idea could definitely work....it would stop people from creating a wild character or doing inappropriate things. And after everyone votes on the book they want, we would essentially "cast" people for certain spots so that no one ends up fighting.

message 5: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "I think it might be able to work. Would it be book-based? Seeing as I don't think that we should add a folder for roleplays seeing as that could get out of hand. But maybe pick a few books that eve..."

Yep! I totally agree with your idea!

message 6: by Mylien (new)

Breanne wrote: "I think it is a good idea! Lots of people on this site love roleplaying so why not! The book idea could definitely work....it would stop people from creating a wild character or doing inappropriate..."

I totally agree with your idea as well!

That could work... But how would we 'cast' people into the parts? Put up questions on why they want to play this part for each and then pick the one that we think would make the most since and think has the best shot at playing the charter well?

message 8: by Breanne (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "That could work... But how would we 'cast' people into the parts? Put up questions on why they want to play this part for each and then pick the one that we think would make the most since and thin..."

yeah! or I guess we could just say first come first serve??? that could be simpler... do you think there are enough people who want to roleplay? should we put up a poll asking or just go for it??

I think a poll would answer it quicker. Plus then we'll have a solid idea on how many actually roleplay.

message 10: by Breanne (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "I think a poll would answer it quicker. Plus then we'll have a solid idea on how many actually roleplay."

cool i'll put that up right away.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica C Writes (jessicacwrites) Personally I'm not very familiar with roleplay, so I don't think I could be of any use on this topic!

message 12: by Breanne (new)

Jessica wrote: "Personally I'm not very familiar with roleplay, so I don't think I could be of any use on this topic!"

that's fine hun. I'm honestly not very familiar with it either lol i see people doing them all the time but i've never participated

message 13: by Mylien (new)

Also, how many different characters would we put up? Would it be the amount for the number of people who decide to join in?

message 14: by Breanne (new)

Bichlien wrote: "Also, how many different characters would we put up? Would it be the amount for the number of people who decide to join in?"

i think just depending on who joins the discussion is the best way to do it because depending on the theme or book, there could be varying amounts of people who want to participate.

message 15: by Mylien (new)

Breanne wrote: "Bichlien wrote: "Also, how many different characters would we put up? Would it be the amount for the number of people who decide to join in?"

i think just depending on who joins the discussion is ..."

Oh okay. And will we also put up a poll to help decide what the bookish discussion is centered around? We could start with the most popular books and go from there.

message 16: by Breanne (new)

Bichlien wrote: "Breanne wrote: "Bichlien wrote: "Also, how many different characters would we put up? Would it be the amount for the number of people who decide to join in?"

i think just depending on who joins th..."

yeah that sounds good!

Sorry had to leave last night. But totally agree!

@Breanne Do you want me to delete the mods needed topic that you locked? I don't mind.

message 19: by Breanne (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "@Breanne Do you want me to delete the mods needed topic that you locked? I don't mind."

i haven't had time to come online, sry!! sure!

No worries. I'm actually busy too so it's all good.:) okay.

So I was looking around and the poll for the day that everyone wants the writing prompts announced is Friday\Saturday \Sunday. I'm going to have to go with Friday. Seeing as then it will give everyone the weekend. Maybe we can do it for... say. five days or so? Gives them time to write and prefect anything that needs editing. What you guys think?

message 22: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "So I was looking around and the poll for the day that everyone wants the writing prompts announced is Friday\Saturday \Sunday. I'm going to have to go with Friday. Seeing as then it will give every..."

That sounds perfect!!

Okay! So say.... Fridays to Tuesday? That's five days in total.

Should we do a poll for four or so that they want an then the top pick will be for that prompt that weekend.

message 24: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Okay! So say.... Fridays to Tuesday? That's five days in total.

Should we do a poll for four or so that they want an then the top pick will be for that prompt that weekend."

Yes, let's do a poll.

Okay, :)

Should we get one up today then? Decide on a few things an then post it up? That way we can get the result either tomorrow or Sunday then do it for next Friday?

message 26: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Okay, :)

Should we get one up today then? Decide on a few things an then post it up? That way we can get the result either tomorrow or Sunday then do it for next Friday?"

Yes, we should get one up today after we decide on a few things.

Okay.

Sorry about taking off. Had an interview then was never able to get back on.

message 28: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Okay.

Sorry about taking off. Had an interview then was never able to get back on."

That's perfectly fine!! I hope you did well on the interview.

message 29: by Mylien (new)

Hey! Could other members in the group help find prompts and we'll do a poll of the top 3 prompts? Or 5? It depends.

Thanks, even though it was a total waste of time, seeing as I got there and guy that was suppose to do it was at a different store that day. They said I could re schedule it and leave my info so he could call me or whatever. But he didn't so I called and told them I wouldn't be showing because I changed my mind today.

Sure! That's a good idea! Maybe make a new topic and then tell them what it's for so that they could list some or whatever and then somehow some combination of us would pick 3-5 and then put up the poll?

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica C Writes (jessicacwrites) Hi everyone !! Unfortunately, I am going to have to leave this group and no long be a moderator :( i had so much fun but I just started my first semester of college and haven't had any time for anything- especially reading/writing! Thank you for letting me, and ill see you all around the internet :)

We'll miss you Jess!! Be sure to come back if things clam down enough even if it is only as a member and not a mod. Look forward to staying in touch!

message 33: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Thanks, even though it was a total waste of time, seeing as I got there and guy that was suppose to do it was at a different store that day. They said I could re schedule it and leave my info so he..."

Yes, that is good! I'll open a discussion by today, if that's alright with you?

message 34: by Mylien (new)

Jessica wrote: "Hi everyone !! Unfortunately, I am going to have to leave this group and no long be a moderator :( i had so much fun but I just started my first semester of college and haven't had any time for any..."

You were a wonderful moderator and this group will surely miss you!! I look forward to stay in touch! Have fun at college!

Yep sounds wonderful. I most likely wont be on here tonight, just as heads up.

Do you think we should post up a chat room sort of thing? Where we can just go and chat with everyone?

message 37: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Do you think we should post up a chat room sort of thing? Where we can just go and chat with everyone?"

Yeah! That would be great. I see that you have already done it so I just want to you to know that you're not the only one who would like to have a chat room.

message 38: by Mylien (new)

Hey! I was wondering whether we should have a poll of choosing the prompts, next Wednesday to give everyone 2 days to vote and enough time to send in their prompts? Maybe on a different day? What do you think?

Wednesday of next week works. Seeing as it gives them the rest of this week to get prompts in and then two days. That should be enough I think.

message 40: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Wednesday of next week works. Seeing as it gives them the rest of this week to get prompts in and then two days. That should be enough I think."

Okay!

message 42: by Mylien (new)

Is it time to put up the prompts poll?

Yeah we'll call it good. I think it was suppose to be up tomorrow but we can do it today. You wanna post it up?

message 44: by Mylien (new)

Yeah, I'll do it. It doesn't seem that people will contribute any more from what it seems.

Yeah. Maybe next time we'll get more to contribute.

Hey so are we okay with the story someone put up. I read it to make sure it's kind of questioning, so if you want to check it out we could decide.

message 47: by Mylien (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Hey so are we okay with the story someone put up. I read it to make sure it's kind of questioning, so if you want to check it out we could decide."

Umm, I don't personally have any problem with it, but are there any members who are young or something? By the comments, it seems that the group likes it?? It is kind of crude so....how about we put up a poll to see if the majority want the story deleted or not?

Could do that. Maybe ask them to put up a trigger warning or something for people that don't like death or something like that? Seeing as I don't know EVERY memeber's life and back story seeing as that's impossible. But I'm just wondering if that would be a good idea, just in case. Personally I didn't have a problem with it. But yeah the poll would be a good idea as well.

message 49: by Mylien (new)

I just put up the poll up and the poll will end on October 26th, which is in 2 days. In 2 days, we'll know the public opinion of this story and we can go from there.

« previous 1