Play Book Tag discussion

Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
This topic is about Moonraker
August 2018: Espionage > Moonraker / Ian Fleming - 3***

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6405 comments Moonraker (James Bond, #3) by Ian Fleming
Moonraker – Ian Fleming
Digital audiobook performed by Simon Vance
3***

Book three in the original James Bond series, starts with a little personal task. A noted British hero, Sir Hugo Drax, has been playing cards at M’s private club, and M suspects the man is cheating. Would Bond (a notable card player) take a look and confirm M’s suspicions?

This novel focuses on cold-war sensibilities and features a villain who is not who he purports to be. Of course, there’s a lovely young woman who’s paired with Bond to ferret out the truth behind Sir Hugo Drax’s magnanimous offer of a dedicated atomic rocket to protect and defend England, paid for out of his own pocket.

The reader gets what’s expected: danger, car chases, explosions, dastardly villains, beautiful women, and ever debonair, intelligent and resourceful Bond.

Simon Vance does a fine job performing the audio. He sets a good pace for this kind of thriller, and I love his voice for both Bond and the villainous Drax.

LINK to my review

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Love your review. Not only have I not watched one James Bond movie, I also have not read the books.