Literary Fiction by People of Color discussion

Member Writings and Requests > Need an Editor

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ranell (new)

Ranell Lewis Hello,

I’m looking for a professional editor to proofread short stories and novellas. My preference is someone familiar with African American characters and the romance genre. Any recommendations? Thanks!

message 2: by HKelleyB (new)

HKelleyB (hkelleyb-editor) | 7 comments Hi Ranell:

I am a professionally trained editor (via the NYU editing program), and I'd like to help you. My name is Helen. I am familiar with African American characters as well as the romance genre.

Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenburr...

And here is a link to my EFA (Editorial Freelancers Association) profile: https://www.the-efa.org/memberinfo/he...

My email address is: HKelleyB@gmail.com
Please feel free to contact me. I am open to all questions. And, I am willing to give you a free sample edit for your review.

Helen
HKelleyB's Editorial Services

message 3: by Ranell (new)

Ranell Lewis Hi Helen,

Thank you for responding. I’ve had a few replies and
will follow up in about a week. I appreciate the links to your credentials.

Ranell

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Noble Calhoun (poetnoble) Ranell wrote: "Hello,

I’m looking for a professional editor to proofread short stories and novellas. My preference is someone familiar with African American characters and the romance genre. Any recommendations..."

Hi Helen,
I know you wrote this a while back, but I offer book consulting editing services. You can check out my site at www.poetnoble.com/bookconsulting

message 5: by HKelleyB (new)

HKelleyB (hkelleyb-editor) | 7 comments Kim:

This is Helen. I am a professionally trained editor and proofreader. The above messages were my responses to Ranell's request for an editor.

Your recent message to me is unclear. Are you looking for an editor or are you attempting to contact Ranell?

HKB