Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > September 2018 ~ Pick-for-Me Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Grey (last edited Sep 01, 2018 05:32PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

Come one, come all! It's fun... really!!!

1. Create a new shelf, or update the existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read A Court of Mist and Fury. *a new month, a new pick from me!*)

4. On the last day of the month, someone...the hand of fate, maybe, will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, Grey will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, *shifty eyes*)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it.

**The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on September 1st and you'll have until September 4th to select a book for your partner.**

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Jan picks for Ela; she picked ??? ~ Ela rated it

Judy picks for Michele; she picked ??? ~ Michele rated it

Jean picks for Tessa; she picked ??? ~ Tessa rated it

Tessa picks for Paula; she picked ??? ~ Paula rated it

Paula picks for Leslie; she picked ??? ~ Leslie rated it

Leslie picks for Jean; she picked ??? ~ Jean rated it

Nay picks for Jan; she picked ??? ~ Jan rated it

Grey picks for Renee; she picked ??? ~ Renee rated it

Michele picks for Grey; she picked ??? ~ Grey rated it

Ela picks for Melinda; she picked ??? ~ Melinda rated it

Melinda picks for Lisa; she picked ??? ~ Lisa rated it

Lisa picks for Judy; she picked ??? ~ Judy rated it

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments In baby!! 😘

message 3: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Me too, obviously, lol! I love this challenge!❤

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Yes please!

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I'm in

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Me three. love it. Throws Greys glitter bombs.

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in too.... even though I never completed August challenges!

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in...my absolute fave!!

message 11: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Well I want to join cos I love the fun of this challenge. But I feel like a bit of an imposter as lately I don't seem to be keeping up with my challenge books :/

Oh well, maybe September will be the month?????? So I'm in, I guess???

message 12: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments YOOOOOyooooooooooooooo

message 13: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Absolutely, get in here...lurkers, Imposters 🤣😂🤣Jan, you kill me. We want you all here, even if you're having an off reading month... So yes...sign up!

message 14: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Me!

message 15: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I have ants in my pants.

message 16: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Jan picks for Ela; she picked ??? ~ Ela rated it

Judy picks for Michele; she picked ??? ~ Michele rated it

Jean picks for Tessa; she picked ??? ~ Tessa rated it

Tessa picks for Paula; she picked ??? ~ Paula rated it

Paula picks for Leslie; she picked ??? ~ Leslie rated it

Leslie picks for Jean; she picked ??? ~ Jean rated it

Nay picks for Jan; she picked ??? ~ Jan rated it

Grey picks for Renee; she picked ??? ~ Renee rated it

Michele picks for Grey; she picked ??? ~ Grey rated it

Ela picks for Melinda; she picked ??? ~ Melinda rated it

Melinda picks for Lisa; she picked ??? ~ Lisa rated it

Lisa picks for Judy; she picked ??? ~ Judy rated it

message 17: by Leslie (last edited Sep 02, 2018 06:02AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I pick Getting Schooled Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1) by Emma Chase for Jean.

We can read it together as I am reading this one for the TBR challenge.

ABORT! ABORT!

I retract this rec. I couldn't even get through first chapter...way too much name dropping, my head was spinning. Pleh!

My pick is Slow Burn Slow Burn (Driven, #5) by K. Bromberg

message 18: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Grey, I was supposed to pick for you. At this rate, you'll never read Elite. :P

Paula, I'm going to be honest. I've read only three of those books and one of them was a DNF for me. So... I pick for you Obsidian :)

message 19: by Michele (last edited Sep 01, 2018 10:25PM) (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Yay Grey! For you, I’m picking When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann I think you’ve been trying to read it sooo I’m gonna give you that little nudge....I hope you enjoy!

message 20: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ela for you I pickMagic Bites Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews
There's lots in the series if you end up liking this one.

message 21: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Leslie - I pick Begin Again for you!! Enjoy!!!!

message 22: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Lisa: I pick for you Animal (Animal, #1) by Marni Mann .

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

message 23: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Michelle, I pick for you ... The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery The Vixen and the Vet
Hope you love it as much as I did! 😁

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Melinda wrote: "Lisa: I pick for youAnimal (Animal, #1) by Marni Mann.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did."

Yay...great pick Melinda!!

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I loved Vixen and the Vet. *swoon*

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Judy, I pick Debt by Nina G. Jones for you. Haven't read it but it sounds great!!!

message 27: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Lisa wrote: "Judy, I pick Debt by Nina G. Jones for you. Haven't read it but it sounds great!!!"

Yay! Thanks Lisa! I bought that a couple years ago and never got to it 😁

message 28: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Leslie wrote: "I loved Vixen and the Vet. *swoon*"

Ya me too!

message 29: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "Michelle, I pick for you ... The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery The Vixen and the Vet
Hope you love it as much as I did! 😁"

Thanks Judy! I’m looking forward to it!!

message 30: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jan, I was going to pick Iced for you, but since Shadowfever was just a 2-star read for you, I'm not taking a chance on it.

Iced is the only book from your list that I've read, so since I know there's great potential for you to love a Lauren Gilley book, I'm picking Red Rooster (Sons of Rome #2) by Lauren Gilley Red Rooster for you.

Hope you love it!

message 31: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Nay, this was a hard one for me... You and I are pretty similar taste wise...but I haven't read but 3 on your PFM list....and 2 of them I had a hand in proofing, so it's kind of unfair of me to say read this book, 😂.

I think I'm choosing The Boy and His Ribbon (The Ribbon Duet, #1) by Pepper Winters so you can guinea pig it for me...and tell me if I'm gonna love it. Hope you enjoy!

message 32: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Leslie, I'm really glad you picked that for me!

For Tessa, it was hard to choose because I've never read any of the books, but I love Terri Anne Browning so I pick:

His Dirty Little Secret by Terri Anne Browning

message 33: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments That works! I have to get more books on the list before next month. :)

message 34: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Renee wrote: "Iced is the only book from your list that I've read, so since I know there's great potential for you to love a Lauren Gilley book, I'm picking Red Rooster (Sons of Rome #2) by Lauren Gilley Red Rooster for you.

Hope you love it! "

Thanks Nay. I did like others in the fever series, but then for me it started to go downhill. I will read Iced one day and just see.

I liked White Wolf (although not as much as the lean dogs books) so hopefully I'll like Red Rooster too.

message 35: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey wrote: "Nay, this was a hard one for me... You and I are pretty similar taste wise...but I haven't read but 3 on your PFM list....and 2 of them I had a hand in proofing, so it's kind of unfair of me to say..."

Thanks, Grey. When I was looking over my list, I kinda got a feeling that would be my pick this month because it's been so popular. I can't wait to read it!

message 36: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jan130 wrote: "Renee wrote: "Iced is the only book from your list that I've read, so since I know there's great potential for you to love a Lauren Gilley book, I'm picking Red Rooster (Sons of Rome #2) by Lauren ..."

Yeah, Jan. I remembered that you didn't totally LOVE the first book, so I was concerned that this one might be the same. But I also knew that you'd probably want to read all things L. Gilley, so I gave it a shot.

message 37: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ha ha ha Nay. Yeah, that's pretty much right.

message 38: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Melinda, I pick for you KA Time in Between.

message 39: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Ya, Thankyou, Ela. That’s been on my list forever. Great choice. 😘

message 40: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Lisa wrote: "Judy, I pick Debt by Nina G. Jones for you. Haven't read it but it sounds great!!!"

Thanks Lisa! I just finished 😁 loved it 5* ....why do we love those f*ed-up bad boys? Lol

message 41: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Oh, I'm so glad you liked it, Judy. I'll bump it up on my list!!

message 42: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I finished Begin Again Begin Again (Again, #1) by Mona Kasten and of course with my stupid book funk brain I didn't love it...another "just ok". 3 ***

I liked it at beginning but at 50% I got bored and rest of story dragged. Anyway, another off the TBR!

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Can't see that I already posted it, but finished Animal (Animal, #1) by Marni Mann 4.5 stars for me. I sorta figured it out way early - but no way did I see that Epilogue coming and I'm DYING to know that that's all about!! Great choice, so thank you for the pick, Melinda!!!

message 44: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Oh yeah...I have challenge books to read. I completely forgot! lol

message 45: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, if I don't start my challenge reads at beginning of the month, I get all messed up!

message 46: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments PFM is kinda dragging....sorry!

message 47: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Lisa wrote: "Can't see that I already posted it, but finished Animal (Animal, #1) by Marni Mann 4.5 stars for me. I sorta figured it out way early - but no way did I see that Epilogue coming and I'm DYING to know tha..."

I've got this one queued up!

message 48: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "PFM is kinda dragging....sorry!"

Ela--are you talking about your book is dragging?

message 49: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Damn, Ela. Bad luck.

Mine is a struggle too. Too much gooey vampire and blood drinking detail. Blech. It might be good if I can get past that.

message 50: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Even if you have to DNF, it's still a book off the TBR right? Trying to find a silver lining here. 😉

« previous 1