Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

A Hodge Podge Folder > Where do you get free physicals from?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Slytherpuff (last edited Aug 24, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Slytherpuff I was wondering about getting free physical books from legit websites. Do you get books from these websites and if so what is the name?

message 2: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I don't know what you mean. The only way I get free physical books online is through giveaways or being selected as for an ARC. And usually ARCs I get are ebooks.

message 3: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Since I only read physical books I was wondering if other users have a legit website to get free physicals

message 4: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
I'm not aware of any place. Sometimes library's let go of stuff for dirt cheap. And some used books on Amazon and eBay are priced so low that all you have to pay for is shipping.

message 5: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Timelord Iain | 18050 comments Mod
I thought this was a medical question, lol... like other said, library sales are probably your best bet, and just used bookstores in general, for cheap books... nothing beats having a kindle and just having access to tons of free indie book bundles, tho, for free reading...

message 6: by Lena (new)

Lena There's something called Book Crossing you might want to check out. I have it tagged for further investigation but haven't gone through with it.
http://www.bookcrossing.com

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I initially thought medical too lol.

message 8: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Sorry my bad. I was just wondering because many people get free ebooks

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

No problem ❤️

It never hurts to ask. :)

message 10: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Sorry my bad. I was just wondering because many people get free ebooks"

Ebooks are different though, since there is little cost in their production. I get most of my free ebooks from authors looking for reviews or for review through Netgalley.

message 11: by Lena (new)

Lena NetGalley sent me a physical book for the first time a few months ago. I didn't know it was an option when I asked for it but I jumped on it! You could always register and say you only accept physical copies on your profile.

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Lena wrote: "NetGalley sent me a physical book for the first time a few months ago. I didn't know it was an option when I asked for it but I jumped on it! You could always register and say you only accept physi..."

I forgot they started doing some of those.

message 13: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 3375 comments Don't you need to be a blogger to have much success with NetGalley?

message 14: by Lena (new)

Lena No. You just need to be diligent about getting in reviews. They have plenty of books available to anybody so if you properly turn in reviews (to them, Amazon, GR) you'll start getting approvals. I'm not a blogger but I've gotten approvals on Patricia Briggs!

Check out my NetGalley shelf! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 3375 comments Interesting! I might have to give them another look then. I gave up when I thought you needed to be a blogger.

message 16: by Lena (new)

Lena Some publishers like Harlequin will definitely turn you down if you are not a “somebody” but I've been happy with what I've gotten. And not for nothing but after you review some of their books authors will contact you directly and offer you a copy. I've gotten a signed physical copy that way too :)

message 17: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4375 comments Narilka wrote: "Don't you need to be a blogger to have much success with NetGalley?"

I could never get books from NetGalley until I made my blog, even though I reviewed a lot on Goodreads. It ups your chances greatly.