Space Opera Fans discussion

Courageous (The Lost Fleet, #3)
This topic is about Courageous
BOTM READER > Sept 2018 READER Courageous by Campbell

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Teresa Carrigan | 2643 comments Mod
The September 2018 READER Pick is Courageous (The Lost Fleet, #3) by Jack Campbell Courageous by Jack Campbell. Please use this thread to post questions, comments, and reviews, at any time.

Official description:
The Lost Fleet continues its perilous journey home.

Badly damaged and low on supplies, the Alliance Fleet is raiding Syndic mines for raw materials-and Captain "Black Jack" Geary hopes they can continue to remain one step ahead of their enemies. But the Syndics are the least of Geary's worries when he learns of the existence of aliens with the power to annihilate the human race.

message 2: by Ricky (new) - added it

Ricky Mooney Can I read this as a stand alone - or should I read the first in the series before hand.

message 3: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

This page https://www.goodreads.com/series/4110... says “Each book has a start and an ending, so you can stop after any of the books with a sense of closure. But each book but makes strong references to prior books and characters in the series, so reading them order is highly recommended.”

I haven’t read the books myself.

message 4: by Ricky (new) - added it

Ricky Mooney Thanks!

message 5: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (last edited Aug 24, 2018 04:24PM) (new)

For reference: this group has discussed the first two books already. See these threads:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 60 comments I have read many in the series and I think Campbell is very good at placing his characters in ever increasing danger-or try fail cycles.

Eric | 17 comments This was the point in the series I knew I had to finish. I love how the battles are written in this series,

message 8: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 60 comments Eric wrote: "This was the point in the series I knew I had to finish. I love how the battles are written in this series,"

Yeah, compared to some writers, such as David Weber, these battles go by quick. The set up can take a while at times though. But it fits with space speeds.

message 9: by Duane (new)

Duane | 7 comments I had picked up DAUNTLESS before I joined this group and saw that it had been a recent read. I read it quickly -- over this past weekend. I started FEARLESS today, so I may not get to COURAGEOUS by the end of the reading month. But I certainly enjoyed DAUNTLESS.

message 10: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 60 comments I like the books. I need to get the next one-my next one anyway.

LelaineMarie | 9 comments Teresa wrote: "The September 2018 READER Pick is Courageous (The Lost Fleet, #3) by Jack Campbell Courageous by Jack Campbell. Please use this thread to post questions, comments, and reviews, at any t..."

Its a good read

message 12: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Doggett (ldwriter2) | 60 comments LelaineMarie wrote: "Teresa wrote: "The September 2018 READER Pick is Courageous (The Lost Fleet, #3) by Jack Campbell Courageous by Jack Campbell. Please use this thread to post questions, comments, and re..."

Yeah.

AndrewP (andrewca) | 97 comments Finished that one, blew through Valiant and am now reading Relentless. Seemed like a good time to finish the series :)