LitRPG Forum discussion

Restart (Level Up, #1)
This topic is about Restart
LitRPG Giveaways/Contests > What would you do if you received a superability?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Sugralinov | 9 comments In most superhero stories I’ve ever read or watched, the main character began fighting crime and evil the moment he or she received their super abilities. Alternatively, they used them to make money. Worm’s Skitter (on the picture) or Eddie Spinola from The Dark Fields are two good examples.
Personally, the world I’m living in is probably too normal for this sort of thing. I used to daydream about becoming invisible or invincible asking myself, What would I do then? Should I go to third-world countries to rid them of their dictators? Or to South America to confront drug cartels? And the more I thought about it, the more I realized this wasn’t really viable. Most likely, I’d just keep on living like I used to while trying to do the same for myself and my friends, trying to change their lives for the better.
Which is exactly what my MC Phil is trying to do. He rescues his friends from all sorts of trouble and tries to make a little bit of money for himself. And still his new abilities force him into a far-reaching, global picture... Book Two is scheduled to be released in the fall 2018.
In the meantime, what would you do if you received a superability?
Enter to my giveaway: Restart (Level Up Book #1) LitRPG Series (Kindle Edition)
https://www.amazon.com/ga/p/6bc8131a2...

DJay (djdjay) | 31 comments Depends. If it were the level up Ability like Dan? I'd try and go all in on raising my intelligence and luck. This way I could get into business and try to create something that would allow me to maintain a flow of income. Then, in all seriousness, I'd try to become the IRL version of Tony Stark minus the snark.

message 3: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Sugralinov | 9 comments DJay wrote: "Depends. If it were the level up Ability like Dan? I'd try and go all in on raising my intelligence and luck. This way I could get into business and try to create something that would allow me to m..."

Good answer, DJay! I like it. Phil will choose Lie detection ability in the second book of series, maybe one of the strongest and useful ability in real world.

DJay (djdjay) | 31 comments That is a pretty good ability! Is he able to hear the truth or will it just be that he will know when people lie to him?

message 5: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Sugralinov | 9 comments DJay wrote: "That is a pretty good ability! Is he able to hear the truth or will it just be that he will know when people lie to him?"

He may choose between senses. Hot for true and cold for lie, for example.

Matthew Walker | 4 comments Make money and try to help people while trying to avoid the limelight. I'd prefer teleportation as a power. Go on vacation around the world easily and start a rapid secure transit business with small high value packages.

I liked your book. If i had the powers of your MC specifically the location ability I'd definitely start with treasure hunting. I'd make the first find a big one then use the money to start a fairly hands off treasure hunting company. Every five years or so I'd walk in and make a "suggestion".

With the rest of my time I would track down a reliable White hat hacker to help me expose wanted criminals and find missing persons anonymously. We would hide behind a secure website and pretend to be a large group of talented and informed people. I wouldn't do everything worldwide as it would be too much for one person. I'd focus closer to home. I live in the US so I'd focus on North America but still track worlds most wanted types and possibly a few international criminal organizations.

I might recruit other people to help. an intelligence person to Identify linchpins in criminal operations so one search helps take down a bunch of people. I could also use someone to type up the information on missing people so I just have to use my ability. After building a team and making some initial tips I could probably get away with only an hour or 2 of work a day.

I'm not sure if the tracking ability works for objects. If not then I would be limited to tracking robbers like db cooper or treasure ship captains.