What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances
This topic is about Trigger Warning
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Possibly a Cinderella retelling. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stephanie Smith | 2 comments I read this book last year at some point, all I have is a photo of part of one page which is as follows:

"... the stars danced, there was a girl whose mother died, and a new mother came and married her father, bringing her own daughter with her. Soon enough the father followed his first wife to the grave, leaving his daughter behind him.
The new mother did not like the girl and treated her badly, always favouring her own daughter, who was indolent and rude. One day her stepmother gave the girl, who was only eighteen, twenty dollars toby her drugs. 'Don't stop on the way,' she said.
So the girl took the twenty-dollar bill, and put an apple into her purse, for the way was long, and she walked out of the house and down to the end of the street, where the wrong side of town began.
She saw a dog tied to a lamppost, panting and uncomfortable ... heat, the girl said 'Poor thing.' she gave it.."

So thats all I've got of the whole book... I have no clue which book it is though! Please help!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So I googled the quote and it's from a Neil Gaiman story called Diamonds and Pearls: A Fairy Tale. It appears in his anthology Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances and another anthology Bedtime Stories for Grown-ups.

Stephanie Smith | 2 comments Lori wrote: "So I googled the quote and it's from a Neil Gaiman story called Diamonds and Pearls: A Fairy Tale. It appears in his anthology Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances and a..."

thank you so much!