Audiobooks discussion

Technical stuff > How to organize books in GoodReads?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neil (new)

Neil Read (nick4300) | 5 comments I have been trying to use the site to track all my books and their data ( read, to read, shelf, location purchase and format). Is there a way to add a book and all the data in one go. I keep having to add a book by title/author, then I can add read, to read and my shelf in one go. But when I try to add location purchase ( I use this to know where I have it stored), I click on it's edit link and 99% of the time it either refreshes pg before I can actually add the info or it lets me add info but doesn't show until I refresh pg to make sure it was added. I have to add a lot of books so trying to cut down on time, if it were a few book it wouldn't be an issue, just annoying.

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan | 473 comments I've found the easiest way is to create shelves for everything. Then you can just click each shelf you want it on in one go. I have a shelf for my kindle, my nook, my sansa, library wishlist, etc. I only use the edit button when I've completed a book and want to add a review or comment.

message 3: by Neil (new)

Neil Read (nick4300) | 5 comments Not exactly what I meant. I want to be able to input " read, to read, shelf, location, format" in one go without having to change screens. But thanks.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 109 comments Neil, have you tried the batch edit?

You can find it to the right side of the second smaller search bar under the "My Books" page. You can select a bunch of books at once and update them all at the same time, if they have matching info. Don't think it will help with all that you're looking to update, but maybe some.