Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Need Irish reader for dialog authenticity

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Allison | 3 comments My novel takes place in several countries - the last 18 chapters (about 29K words of 109K total length) are set in Ireland, with Irish and American characters. I'm not trying to do dialect, but I would like to make sure that my Irish characters have authentic vocabulary/word usage/idioms, etc.
Any Irish readers out there willing to take a look?
The book is called Devon's Song, and it's about a young man struggling to lift himself out of a cycle of violence, fear and despair, the result of a traumatic accident that has left him physically and emotionally scarred. Sad and dark, but ultimately hopeful.

message 2: by Mallaidh (new)

Mallaidh (fairlyspaghetti) | 1 comments Hi Ginger, I am an Irish beta reader and I would love to help you with your novel. Feel free to contact me via PM with a little more info about the novel and the job :)

message 3: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Allison | 3 comments Hi, Molly - I would love to work with you. I'm not finding how to contact you privately. Can you write me at g.allison814@gmail.com and we can work out details?
Thanks,
Ginger

message 4: by Entrada (new)

Entrada Book Review | 215 comments Ginger,

We have Irish beta readers as well. Let me know if this is still something that you need.

Thank you!
Rachel