Clean Reads discussion

Clean Reads Book Club > Has anyone read ......

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather I'm reading Circe, Circe by Madeline Miller . It is getting rave reviews, however I do see some reviewers say that there is language and rape.....but not clear if it is throughout the book or just 1 time. Anyone read it? Or stopped reading?

message 2: by Chelsi (new)

Chelsi (chelsicassilly) | 3 comments I've been wanting to read this too, but seen the same comments about the content. Would love to hear what others think who have read it.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandalyn) | 107 comments I read another book of hers about Achilles and it was not clean. It had a lot of content that I was uncomfortable with, and I am fine with non-explicit adult themes (like fade to black sex for instance). I can even handle small amounts of contextually appropriate R rated content (such as war violence or slightly steamy scenes when not gratuitous), but I still stopped reading her book halfway through. Sorry that I can't speak for Circe, but I thought I would pass on my experience with the author.

message 4: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 18 comments “Circe” is an amazing book with an amazing ending but it’s definitely not clean. There’s too much immorality.