Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > please remove my middle initial

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Roberts (richardhroberts) | 9 comments hi - please change my name to Richard Roberts (remove the middle initial H) - this is how my name appears on my book cover and on Amazon.

(and, i've tried to update my author bio to mention that I've won an award)

I just started a giveaway so hopefully this slight name revision won't affect that

thanks

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 22, 2018 01:28PM) (new)

rivka | 45495 comments Mod
Richard, there are other authors on Goodreads named Richard Roberts. That's why the system is not allowing you to change your name to that.

If you wish, you can make it Richard-3space-Roberts (that is, Richard, then 3 spaces, then Roberts). But you may prefer to keep the middle initial instead.

If you do opt for the spaces, they will only show up on book edit pages and your profile edit page, but they will tell the system which books are yours.

Also, please note that adding comments and Notes to your profile or books won't be seen unless someone is already editing them.

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Roberts (richardhroberts) | 9 comments rivka wrote: "Richard, there are other authors on Goodreads named Richard Roberts. That's why the system is not allowing you to change your name to that.

If you wish, you can make it Richard-3space-Roberts (tha..."

hi Rivka - thanks for helping. Yes, I'd like to do the 3-spaces approach.

and, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, please confirm that the two extra spaces will not be visible to Goodreads visitors. That the extra spaces will only appear to me when I'm editing by book or author pages, right?

-R

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Yes Richard.
These extra spaces would not be visible on your profile or book pages, only on the edit pages.

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Roberts (richardhroberts) | 9 comments Olivia wrote: "Yes Richard.
These extra spaces would not be visible on your profile or book pages, only on the edit pages."

great, then yes, please do that - thanks again :)

-Richard

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45495 comments Mod
Done.

I dub thee Richard-3space-Roberts.

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard Roberts (richardhroberts) | 9 comments rivka wrote: "Done.

I dub thee Richard-3space-Roberts."

the extra spaces are for dramatic effect ;)