What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Zebra Historical Romance [s]

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth Carter (BethDCarter) | 6 comments I am searching for a Zebra Historical Romance I read in the 90's, about a young woman traveling with her sister and father from the east to travel to California. On a Mississippi ferry boat, she meets the hero but she's a real bitch to him. He's a trapper and leaves not liking her. She and her family start on a journey across the country. Along the way her sister dies and she buries her along the trail. Her father dies & she get's captured by Indians. One Indian tries to rape her but she slashes him, unmans him, and is taken in my an older Indian woman. She lives there for a few months until she escapes, by this time she has gained an Indian admirer who sacrifices his life to save hers. In his honor, she cuts off part of her little finger. Hero trapper finds her, nurses her back to health and they fall in love. But he's married and they both travel to Natchez Mississippi where his wife is in a coma. **I can't remember the title or author! Please help if this story sounds familiar. Email me at: bdelene@gmail.com Thank you!

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth | 5 comments I think I'm looking for the same book! Does he have an older trapper partner and she kills a bear? You remember more than me so maybe I can find it now. I will keep you posted.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Carter (BethDCarter) | 6 comments Yes! She did kill a bear and he did have an older trapper partner. We are definitely looking for the same book! I wish I could remember the title or author because this was such a good book. I remember the heroine's name was Melissa. At least, I think it was Melissa. Maybe that was his wife's name....very frustrating! LOL! If you ever find it, please let me know!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 21 comments I hope someone knows this because now I want to read it lol

message 5: by Beth (last edited Feb 26, 2016 10:07PM) (new)

Beth | 5 comments Captive Love
Captive Love by Lauren Wilde

Is this it?

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Carter (BethDCarter) | 6 comments OMG! I think that's it!!!!

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth Carter (BethDCarter) | 6 comments I just ordered it off Amazon! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been searching for this book for a long time.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Carter (BethDCarter) | 6 comments How did you find it?

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth | 5 comments It was your clues and memory of the other details! I just googled until something came up. There's a site you can search by hero or heroine. Glad I was able to help. I'm going to hit a used bookstore and see if I can find. Otherwise, it's Amazon for me too!!