What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

La Honte!
This topic is about La Honte!
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. An anti-facebook essay from 2018 with examples about how the social network destroyed lives [s]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LuckyVV | 5 comments Hello,

I'm trying to find a book I saw in my library this year but did not read. It was written by a man, in english, and the book had a blue cover (I'm talking about the French version of this book). I think the author's name was very short, maybe 3 letters, and I think there was a "thumbs down" (or up) picture on the cover.

It is an essay published in late 2017 or 2018, about the "dangers" of Facebook and such social networks, a bit lit "I hate the Internet" by Jarett Kobek. I'm not sure, but when I shifted thourgh it I think I saw excerpts from Facebook.

Thanks, and I hope to find it soon !

LuckyVV | 5 comments No, that's close but that's not it. The book I'm talking about is very recent, published in 2017 or 2018.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1527 comments The description made me think of Ten Arguments For Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now. The cover is not like what you described, but maybe the French cover is different?

LuckyVV | 5 comments Not these books. I think the title was very short, maybe 3 words at most, shorter than the two titles you proposed.

message 7: by Chrissie (last edited Aug 23, 2018 06:20PM) (new)

Chrissie (chrissiewhitley) | 139 comments I don't think this one is it, but....Outnumbered Outnumbered by David Sumpter

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna | 207 comments La Honte ! by Jon Ronson by Jon Ronson?

message 10: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie (chrissiewhitley) | 139 comments Anna wrote: "La Honte ! by Jon Ronson by Jon Ronson?"

I have a good feeling about this one, Anna.

LuckyVV | 5 comments That's it Anna ! Wow, thanks a lot !
Next time I'll be sure to note the title of every book that catches my eye :)

message 12: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5235 comments Is this the French version of So You've Been Publicly Shamed?

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna | 207 comments Rosa wrote: "Is this the French version of So You've Been Publicly Shamed?"

I imagine so. And LuckyW, glad you now know what your book is!

LuckyVV | 5 comments I didn't know the original cover and the original title were so different from the French version. Thanks again for your help everyone !

message 15: by Rosa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5235 comments I'll combine it with the other editions, then. I'm glad you found it, LuckyVV.