Valancourt Books discussion

Paperbacks from Hell: The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction
This topic is about Paperbacks from Hell
General Discussion > Valancourt and Paperbacks from Hell!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 900 comments Mod
An official announcement and full list of titles will be coming soon, but in the meantime we wanted to let you know we've signed an agreement with Quirk Books, publishers of PAPERBACKS FROM HELL, to publish a limited series of reissues of novels featured in PFH, to be edited by Grady Hendrix and Will Errickson (Too Much Horror Fiction). Subscribe to our email newsletter or keep an eye on our website blog for more updates on this exciting series! Our first announcement is a new edition of Elizabeth Engstrom's When Darkness Loves Us . Coming in early 2019.

description

Char  | 330 comments Whoohoo!

message 3: by Marie-Therese (new)

Marie-Therese (mariethrse) | 4 comments Exciting news!

Anthony Vacca | 7 comments Can we pre-order When Darkness Loves Us?

Anthony wrote: "Can we pre-order When Darkness Loves Us?"

Not yet but it will be available to preorder within the next few months.

Anthony Vacca | 7 comments Can't wait!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 372 comments YES!!! This is fantastic news!!!!! :D

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 372 comments I've been looking for some of those (and realizing I can't afford/find most that I don't already have) since I read PAPERBACKS FROM HELL. :)

message 9: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie | 9 comments This news just made my day :) Thank you PBH and Valancourt xxx

Kylie (new-vogue-ravyn) | 47 comments Yessss! Amazing news!

message 11: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 9 comments Sign me up for all of them!

Thomas (verkisto) | 2 comments Will y'all set up a subscription service for these titles? I'll be first in line if you do.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 372 comments Bark wrote: "Sign me up for all of them!"
Ditto that!

Sirensongs | 11 comments Just another reason to adore Valancourt books!

message 15: by Valancourt Books (new)

Thomas wrote: "Will y'all set up a subscription service for these titles? I'll be first in line if you do."

We're thinking about it! I'll let you know if we're able to do it. :)

message 16: by Luke (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luke (ljuke) | 1 comments +1 for a subscription service.

message 17: by Justin (new) - added it

Justin Summerville | 33 comments I'm definitely interested. Sure, I'll probably be interested in the more prestigious titles such as those previously republished as collector's editions (Bari Wood's THE TRIBE, for instance) and those names I may be more familiar with in my limited research, but you never know what you'll find, so I'm hoping to be really surprised. (I actually haven't read Paperbacks from Hell yet - I wish to change that, so I have more of an idea what's coming).

Also, this may be an opportunity to finally get the rights to those titles that you've been trying to get for some time now. For instance, is there any chance of finally snagging William H. Hallahan's THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLY now?

message 18: by Valancourt Books (new)

We found out recently we will not be doing anything with the JOSEPH TULLY book.

message 19: by Justin (last edited Sep 04, 2018 06:54PM) (new) - added it

Justin Summerville | 33 comments Valancourt Books wrote: "We found out recently we will not be doing anything with the JOSEPH TULLY book."

Shame. Still looking forward to the rest of the series, of course.

Though I have to ask (and I hope I'm not beating a dead topic), is anyone else going to be publishing the book? Has someone else gotten to it already? (I ask because a similar thing happened with T. E. D. Klein's THE CEREMONIES, which I am now glad to say is offered as a reasonably priced trade paperback by PS Publishing!)

LAST MINUTE UPDATE: Forget it, I found it myself. Dover Publications is releasing the book on Oct. 17, 2018. Well, at least it's getting reprinted, and that's the good news. Hey, thanks for trying!

message 20: by Will (new) - rated it 5 stars

Will Errickson (wille) | 1 comments I'm happy to see that so many people are psyched about this, because I know I am!

message 21: by Char (last edited Sep 07, 2018 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Char  | 330 comments Will wrote: "I'm happy to see that so many people are psyched about this, because I know I am!"

Since PAPERBACKS FROM HELL came out, Will, there are many us that are very excited to see these old faves coming back. You played no small part in that, so thank you. :)

message 22: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Cozy (kellycozy) | 2 comments So excited by this news! I've read Paperbacks from Hell several times, and there are many, many books I would love to add to the shelves, but budget doesn't permit. When Darkness Loves Us sounds like a great choice to kick things off (though I confess I'm hoping for Eat Them Alive and Let's Go Play at the Adams', because I have questionable taste).

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 372 comments I can't wait to see what Valancourt brings us! I searched for some of the Paperbacks from Hell for days, and if not outright "not available", the prices are astronomical!