Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

Harmony Read-along > Somewhere Along the Way by Jodi Thomas (Book 2)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 21, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments This will be our discussion thread for Somewhere Along the Way by Jodi Thomas. This is book 2 in the Harmony series.

message 2: by Elise (new)

Elise Hung | 13 comments After two years, I can see the characters in the first book have grown both physically and mentally and which I love that very much. The new roles in this second book are fun. I like to read about them and know more details about their lives. Soldiers always make my heart shakes >< When I'm reading this book, I told myself "you can't expect the story would have happy ends like the romance novels that you read". And I feel much better reading about the people that I normally wouldn't like to read. I love one sentence in the book: He wasn't strong enough to give up on the dream or weak enough to let it die. It was descripting the emails between Ty and Kate and it was so beautiful.
I have to say I'm so lucky I can buddy read with you, Elizabeth. I'm too young to know barely anything about this damn world. But after reading Harmony really makes me think about people and myself. No exaggeration here. I always know I will learn something out of my comfort zone or the things I don't normally like. I'm just too dumb to admit it. For me, reading books I don't love is fine because what truly matters to me is that have I learned something from it? I've learned so many things from reading Harmony series( and we're only on the second book!!!)
I definitely enjoy this book. I feel this town is starting to form and I'm happy to continue reading the rest of the books. I don't think I can get used to a day I don't have Harmony on my phone^^

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments So sorry to take so long in commenting about this book. I finished it just three days before my daughter went into the hospital. She was there for 5 weeks and we are thankful that she is home now.
I enjoyed reading this again. I really like the new characters in this book, as well as the growth of the characters from the first book.

The relationship between Ty and Kate is really a "slow burn" and will develop more in book 3. Considering both of their personalities, I like that their relationship grows slowly over time.

Brandon becomes a bit more likeable in this book and I was so glad that he and his grandmother found each other.

I also really like Liz and Gabe. He is mysterious and she is stubborn. I like their chemistry.

I have not started rereading the 3rd book yet, but I've just finished up some other audio books, so I'm ready to start it today.

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise Hung | 13 comments So glad to hear your daughter is home now. I can't imagine those 5 weeks... I hoping you're doing well as well. No need to rush for the third book, please do take your time.