CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 34- All Good Things Must End

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 755 comments Mod
All good things must end. And that sometimes includes your moderator run on Goodreads! Ashley has moved on from our program- she accepted a job with the Virginia Beach Public Library! If you're ever near the Bayside Library, stop by and say "hello." Feel free to leave well wishes for her here, too. I have been so grateful to have her help (her posts were always amazing) but I know she'll do great things in Virginia Beach.

Just as life has natural beginnings and endings, so do books! But that doesn't always mean we are happy about it. Is there a series you wish went on forever? Or a book you read and never wanted to end?

I'm in love with Rainbow Rowell's book Carry On, but while I thought that was the end, apparently it is getting a sequel. I am very excited. If anyone's ever read any of Tolkien's work outside of The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings, you'll wish he had actually ended things. He started an engaging story about a time traveling father and son but only got a couple chapters in. It was the same with some of his works about the history of Middle-Earth. I want his world to continue forever, but I do wish he had actually completed stories.

Let us know what stories you never want to end.

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I wanted Annihilation to go on more then the 3 books. It had me in such suspense wondering what was really happening!