What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Spinning Silver
This topic is about Spinning Silver
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy book released recently (2017-2018), story of a mother who has three days to find a name [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarvenaz (new) - added it

Sarvenaz (sarvenaz_ale) Hi! All I know about this book is that it was released recently (in the last year or so), the author is a woman and her husband is also a published author.

I'm not sure if the following plot details count as spoilers but you have been warned! Possible spoilers ahead!

The book is about a mother who has three days to find a name to save her child's life. Unfortunately, this is all I know. I know it's not much, but any help would be amazing.
I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, I read all of the rules but it's my first time posting here ;)

message 2: by Rosa (last edited Aug 20, 2018 09:52AM) (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5232 comments Did she have to find the right name for her baby, or find someone who could help the baby? Do you remember the danger? It sounds like a retelling of Rumplestiltskin.
Was it for teens or adults? When was it set? Was it in a fantasy world or our world? Sorry for all the questions, but this info helps in the search.

message 3: by Sarvenaz (new) - added it

Sarvenaz (sarvenaz_ale) You're right! It was a retelling of Rumplestiltskin! I searched for retellings, which brought up "Spinning Silver" by Naomi Novik.
Thanks so much for your help <3

message 4: by Sarvenaz (new) - added it

Sarvenaz (sarvenaz_ale) You can consider this thread solved!

message 5: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Spinning Silver for the click. Glad you found your book!