Grab a Book & Play Booktivity! discussion

What Are You Reading? > ANNOUNCING the theme for September 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Sep 02, 2018 05:56AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2903 comments Mod
Instead of your moderators coming up with three "themes" for the group to vote on ... we invite YOU to nominate a theme for next month. Could be a specific genre, a cover image, a title word, an author initial...

ONE nomination per member

To encourage participation from more members, the person who nominated LAST month's winning theme cannot nominate this month. So, Dlyn, you will *not* be able to submit a nomination (though you WILL be able to vote).

DEADLINE - 25Aug18 5p CDT, or 5 nominations (whichever comes first)

Once the nominations are closed, we'll set up a poll for membership to vote on the theme for next month.

NOMINATED THEMES:
. Grandparents' Day - Characters of grandparent age (55+ years old) - Connie
. Agatha Christie's Birthday - Mystery - Donna
. International Literacy Day - A book from your favorite genre - Jaret
. Back to School - At least one scene set in a school - Koren

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie D | 265 comments Sept. 10 is Grandparents' Day, so how about books with characters of grandparent age?

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna | 439 comments Agatha Christie's birthday was September 15, 1890. We could read mysteries to pay homage to her.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Two good suggestions so far ... keep 'em coming!

message 5: by Jaret (new)

Jaret | 210 comments September 8 is International Literacy Day. Read a book by your favorite author or in your favorite genre.

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Jaret wrote: "September 8 is International Literacy Day. Read a book by your favorite author or in your favorite genre."

One or the other, Jaret .... I'll post it as "favorite author" for now ... let me know if you want me to change it to genre.

message 7: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 550 comments Back to School- read a book that at some point has a school setting.

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Ooh great suggestions!

message 9: by Jaret (new)

Jaret | 210 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Jaret wrote: "September 8 is International Literacy Day. Read a book by your favorite author or in your favorite genre."

One or the other, Jaret .... I'll post it as "favorite author" for now ... ..."

I'm good either way. I suggested both to widen the scope hoping more people would find a book to fit. Just trying to boost participation. ;0)

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Okay ... great thought. I'm going to change it to Favorite Genre which I think is broader and will allow more people to find a book that fits. (Most probably, your favorite author will write in your favorite genre.)

message 11: by Jaret (new)

Jaret | 210 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Okay ... great thought. I'm going to change it to Favorite Genre which I think is broader and will allow more people to find a book that fits. (Most probably, your favorite author will write in you..."

Good point. LOL :0D

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

NOMINATIONS CLOSED

The POLL is up and ready for your votes!

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

And we have a WINNER ....

Agatha Christie's Birthday - Mystery - Recommended by Donna

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna | 439 comments Wow! What a surprise!