Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Enchanters' End Game (The Belgariad #5)
This topic is about Enchanters' End Game
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Enchanters' End Game [May 20, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4613 comments Mod
May 20th.

Barry (boprawira) | 1186 comments Started early.

End of Ch 10

Nothing much to report, except that there seems to be (view spoiler)

Julia | 118 comments I'm ahead of schedule, too. Just couldn't wait to dive into this installment!

Choko (chokog) | 8410 comments Spot,😊

Shaitarn | 2000 comments I'll probably be starting today.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1100 comments Spot :)

Shaitarn | 2000 comments Finished part 1; I'm enjoying Garion's travels with Silk and Belgarath.

Julia | 118 comments Me too... it's nice for Garion to finally break away from Pol.

Shaitarn | 2000 comments Julia wrote: "Me too... it's nice for Garion to finally break away from Pol."

I know a lot of people like Polgara, but I just find her far too bossy and controlling.

Julia | 118 comments I mean, I do like Polgara, but I'm glad for Garion to have a chance to finally come into his own without her.

Loriidae | 321 comments About 40% in. Enjoying my reread.

Shaitarn | 2000 comments Into part 2. It's nice to see Barak and Hettar again, but I'm finding this the more 'boring' part of the story partly because my favourite main characters are elsewhere - can't help thinking it's a shame Eddings decided to copy Tolkien's template of splitting the book into different sections rather than simply give us a chapter of each.

Loriidae | 321 comments Finished. Loved the conclusion. I am looking forward to continuing Garion's next campaign in the Mallorean.

Shaitarn | 2000 comments Finished as well. I really wished I liked this better than I do; I've read it several times over the years, and I think perhaps it's one of those classics that's full of tropes that aren't so popular now.

Just one point about Garion:(view spoiler)

Julia | 118 comments I am done as well. My favourite part was with Polgara at the end... no spoilers here, but it was a touching end for her! (Even if she is immortal and it never will be "the end" for her!)

message 16: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 2004 comments Got to this late. Into the last 15% of the book. Left my kindle at work one day and dug out my old paperback. Wow that cover is 1) terrible art 2) huge spoiler on it I never noticed before ...yeesh :)

Choko (chokog) | 8410 comments Haha! I think I am one of the few who love the old spoilery terrible covers! I am all about that sentimental stuff that comes with those covers, the innocent age of Fantasy:-)

message 18: by Gary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gary Sundell | 105 comments Happy to see more posts. I have book 4 in the Mallorean cued up to read once I finish Sword of Shannara and On Basilisk Station.

Loriidae | 321 comments Rob wrote: "Got to this late. Into the last 15% of the book. Left my kindle at work one day and dug out my old paperback. Wow that cover is 1) terrible art 2) huge spoiler on it I never noticed before ...yeesh :)"

Now I have to go and dig out my old paperback lol

message 20: by Loriidae (last edited Jun 05, 2019 02:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae | 321 comments Choko wrote: "Haha! I think I am one of the few who love the old spoilery terrible covers! I am all about that sentimental stuff that comes with those covers, the innocent age of Fantasy:-)"

Yes! Me too. Oh and I would like to reread Sparhawk after the Mallorean, I know that's 5 months away. But just saying!

Choko (chokog) | 8410 comments I am in, as you know, for all of them :-)

Choko (chokog) | 8410 comments I forgot to come by earlier and say I finished this one and loved every moment of it! Still have huge crush on The Enchantress, but love how all the characters grew and the light way first sexual experience was hinted at:-):-):-) Can't wait for the next books!

Olivia (vinjii) | 1100 comments Just finishing this. Wondering if I should continue with the next bit or not...

message 24: by Gary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gary Sundell | 105 comments I am all for reading the Sparhawk books. Love those books.