The Dog Ear discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > What's Your Ideal Reading Conditions?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments So I admit I never really had any particular way I enjoyed reading, that is until I started watching the Vaginal Fantasy hangouts. Now I prefer to have either a cup of coffee (spiked if i'm not at work) or a glass of red wine and a semi quite place where I can zone out fully on my reading. I have also grown more found of reading in my bed as it allows me to easily switch into a million different reading positions.

I also am more fond of reading actual books then ebooks or other electronic reading devices. Not that I don't use other means to read I just find the experience more gratifying with an actual paper book in my hand.

Really nothing beats the smell of a good 'ol paper back and a stiff drink next to me!

message 2: by Bree (new)

Bree (sleeplilpsycho) | 4 comments I’m kind of bad at finding proper reading positions, I just plop down whenever and read until my neck hurts, if it’s late at night and I don’t want to be in the bedroom or need light I’ll plop against my hallway wall and lean against that until my neck hurts.. annnd I do the same in my computer chair or on the couch. I try having a liquid with me but it goes cold unless it’s already cold, then it goes room temperature.

message 3: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon | 7 comments Before we moved to Alabama, my wife and I had a house that a killer view of a lake. My favorite place to read was with a strong cup of coffee, on the porch, in sweats, and there be a nice chill in the air (especially early in the morning). Now my ideal conditions are still with the coffee and in bed. That would be a typical lazy Sunday for me and my wife.

message 4: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Jonathon wrote: "Before we moved to Alabama, my wife and I had a house that a killer view of a lake. My favorite place to read was with a strong cup of coffee, on the porch, in sweats, and there be a nice chill in ..."

Oh man that does sound perfect!

message 5: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon | 7 comments Zheena wrote: "Jonathon wrote: "Before we moved to Alabama, my wife and I had a house that a killer view of a lake. My favorite place to read was with a strong cup of coffee, on the porch, in sweats, and there be..."

Oh, it was. We miss that house every day, and that's the reason we didn't sell it. We plan to move back there when we retire (so we will have as much time to read as we want). :)