Play Book Tag discussion

And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer
Archive: Other Books > And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer - Fredrik Backman - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments In this short book Fredrick Backman tells a story of an elder man who is a mathematician, father, grandfather, and widower. The days are getting harder for him and remembering is difficult. The book is not straightforward, instead it follows the main character’s thoughts where they take him.

One of Backman’s strengths in this and his other books is how he develops relationships between characters. The man’s love of his wife is clear as are some of the mistakes he has made. His bond with his young grandson, Noah, is special. As his abilities are declining it is described as “one of them is getting bigger and one of them is getting smaller, the years allow them to meet in the middle.”

This is a beautiful and emotional story. I recommend it to others who enjoy Fredrick Backman’s writing.

message 2: by Karin (last edited Aug 18, 2018 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 7458 comments Many have liked this, but it was only 3 stars for me; this means I liked it, but it also means it's at the bottom of my Fredrik Backman rating scale. Most of his books have been 4 or 5 stars for me, and I've read them all. I'm glad you liked it, though!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review. I have not read any books by Fredrick Backman but I have two of his on my list to read. This one sounds really interesting. And you had me at how he develops relationships between the characters. This is one of the things I always love when an author does. I'm going to add this to my list.