The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 10.9 - International Sudoku Day

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
10.9 - International Sudoku Day

September 9 (9/9) is International Sudoku Day. Sudoku is a logic-based number puzzle in which the objective is to fill a 9×9 grid so that each column, row, and 3×3 sub-grid contains all the digits from 1 to 9.
Read a book written by a single author whose last name is exactly 9 letters.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments I always get confused with whether the "de" in a name like Louis de Bernières Bernieres is 9 letters but do i have to include the "de" thanks

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18264 comments Mod
Marie (UK) wrote: "I always get confused with whether the "de" in a name like Louis de Bernières Bernieres is 9 letters but do i have to include the "de" thanks"

Check FAQs
The author’s last name is the final word in the name that is preceded by a space.

message 7: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2700 comments OOI, did this task gain the word "last"? I'd found a book with the author's name at nine letters, but that included the first name.

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Trish wrote: "OOI, did this task gain the word "last"? I'd found a book with the author's name at nine letters, but that included the first name."

The task was posted on August 18 with "a single author whose last name is exactly 9 letters"

message 9: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2700 comments Fair enough. Just as well that I noticed it now! :-)

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Calhoun | 211 comments Does a Translator count as a second author?

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Kayla wrote: "Does a Translator count as a second author?"

From the rules

Only authors that are identified as authors (or a default blank in the author role field), co-authors, or contributors may be used for tasks involving author information. Other roles or functions such as editor, illustrator, artist, translator, introduction, designed by, foreward, preface, assistant or afterword may not be used for author-sourced tasks.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Does Sandrine Gasq-Dion works for this task?

message 13: by Dlmrose (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Does Sandrine Gasq-Dion works for this task?"

Sorry, no, it must be 9 letters, letters are A-Z