The Dog Ear discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Discussion & Recommendation > What Are You Currently Reading? August 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments August is half way done, what have you been reading this month so far?

I have just currently finished reading The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower #3) by Stephen King. I very much enjoyed it and really felt that the story was starting to make progress in Roland's search for the Dark Tower.

Right at this moment I am currently reading another Stephen King novel, Bag of Bones. I admit I found the beginning of the story slow in progression but things now seem to be happening. Hopefully these events continue to unfold.

message 2: by Myffanwy (new)

Myffanwy Geronazzo | 4 comments I am currently reading the first book of the 'Champion of the Scarlet Wolf' duology by Ginn Hale. I consumed the first set, Lord of the White Hell, in a matter of 3 days, this one however is taking a little longer to get through.
Not to say I don't enjoy it, I just found Elezar to be on the bottom wrung of characters and am not terribly happy with him as the main character now.

message 3: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Mel wrote: "I am currently reading the first book of the 'Champion of the Scarlet Wolf' duology by Ginn Hale. I consumed the first set, Lord of the White Hell, in a matter of 3 days, this one however is taking..."

What genre(s) would you say this book falls under? I have these books added to my to-read shelves but I don't really know anything about the series as a whole. The books themselves looked beautiful in the cover art so they sold me right away.

message 4: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Well as I said before I always have a few books on the go at once and so today I just started another book by Stephen King,Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower #4). I'm slowly making my way though this series.

I just have to say this is my favorite read so far of the series and i'm not even a quarter of the way through it yet! I find this funny because I've heard such mixed reviews about this one. I look forward to finding out what is going to happen next.

message 5: by Myffanwy (new)

Myffanwy Geronazzo | 4 comments Zheena wrote: "Mel wrote: "I am currently reading the first book of the 'Champion of the Scarlet Wolf' duology by Ginn Hale. I consumed the first set, Lord of the White Hell, in a matter of 3 days, this one howev..."

I would say Low-Fantasy, Supernatural?

message 6: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Mel wrote: "Zheena wrote: "Mel wrote: "I am currently reading the first book of the 'Champion of the Scarlet Wolf' duology by Ginn Hale. I consumed the first set, Lord of the White Hell, in a matter of 3 days,..."

Welp now I want to read this series even more now! Supernatural is one of my weaknesses.

message 7: by Bree (new)

Bree (sleeplilpsycho) | 4 comments Currently making my way through the black company first book as it’s become my work reader, I’ve also just been shamelessly binge reading fanfiction for the past oooohh 6 months?

Yep

message 8: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon | 7 comments I just finished Let Trump Be Trump (don't hate me but ask why I read it) and I am currently reading Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear.

message 9: by Pye (new)

Pye Josephus Joestar (pythagasaurus) | 5 comments I just finished Hagakure The Way of The Samurai, it was interesting and weird all at the same time.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.