Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > An Open Spook: 1 Star

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments An Open Spook (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4.5) by E.J. Copperman

An Open Spook, E.J. Copperman

(read online)

A ghost comes back, looking for the POW bracelet that is holding him back from moving onto the other side with his also now dead fiancée, whom he recently reconnected with.

Apparently, the newest guest in the Guesthouse has the last remaining bracelet w/ the Sargent's name on it.

The book was actually a short story, and it is told from the main character's mother's point of view.... Which I found weird & didn't much like.

I also didn't like the abrupt switching of time going back to when the narrator originally bought her POW bracelet and the events that happened around her bracelet.

I felt as if the author just wrote something to appease those of us who hadn't heard from her in a while... Not a great or well written effort.

message 2: by ShazM (new)

ShazM | 389 comments It sounds like it ought to be good, I tend to like ghost stories, but I probably won't try it because I don't usually like stories that go back and forth in time

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments ShazM wrote: "It sounds like it ought to be good, I tend to like ghost stories, but I probably won't try it because I don't usually like stories that go back and forth in time"

The paperbacks in the series are pretty good, just she did two for audible & kindle that just didn't work out.