Witchy Fiction discussion

Introductions & Group Info > Welcome and Introductions

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieperov) | 102 comments Mod
Hey there,
My name is Katie. I'm looking forward to reading with you :) This is my first time managing one of these groups so feel free to comment whatever you think needs my attention! Otherwise, invite your witchy-fiction loving friends!

Please introduce yourself and tell us something interesting about you!

message 2: by Kade (new)

Kade | 1 comments Hey! My name's Erin. I like history and geology.
I've only been into witchcraft for a couple of months, so I'm kind of new to it.

message 3: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Donnarumma | 1 comments Hi, I’m Dominique, from Katie’s school days! I love anything witchy and am looking forward to reading along with you guys. The last series I read was the All Souls Trilogy from Deborah Harkness. I highly recommend them!

message 4: by Nicki (new)

Nicki (nicki76) | 1 comments Hey! My name is Nikesha and I love reading thriller, mystery books and any books about witches! I'm looking forward to being in this group..

message 5: by old acc (new)

old acc (andinnn) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Andi & hella into witches

message 6: by Katie (new)

Hey Andi! Welcome! Looking forward to reading with you :)

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie Alexandra | 1 comments Hi! I’m Marie, I grew up watching Practical magic and am obsessed with anything supernatural. Currently reading the rules of magic and can’t wait to talk about it with y’all!

message 8: by Katie (new)

Marie wrote: "Hi! I’m Marie, I grew up watching Practical magic and am obsessed with anything supernatural. Currently reading the rules of magic and can’t wait to talk about it with y’all!"

Hi Marie! Welcome! Looking forward to reading and chatting with you!

message 9: by Vanessa Opal (new)

Vanessa Opal (vanessaopaljune) | 3 comments Hi there! My name is Vanessa and I have always adored reading books about brave and kind witches; my first witch book was Elizabeth George Speare’s The Witch of Blackbird Pond when I was eight💜 I cake upon Paula Brackston’s witch titles, and am currently listening to The Witch’s Daughter on Audible; I’m looking forward to being a part of this group and reading along with you all✨

message 10: by Katie (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Hi there! My name is Vanessa and I have always adored reading books about brave and kind witches; my first witch book was Elizabeth George Speare’s The Witch of Blackbird Pond when I was eight💜 I c..."

Hey Vanessa! Welcome! I'm looking forward to reading with you!

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments Hey there! I’m Kate, 44, editor, a practicing witch and an avid reader of witch books both fiction and non. I live in Connecticut, site of the first government-sanctioned witch murder in America. I’d be hard pressed to say which witch fiction book is my favorite but I really loved The Witches of New York. I also consider We Have Always Lived in the Castle to be quite witchy. I can’t tell but is this a group where we read together and have discussion? Because I’d love that. 😉

message 12: by Alyssa (last edited Nov 27, 2019 06:23AM) (new)

Alyssa Pedrick (alyssapedrick) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm new to Goodreads, and an avid reader and writer. I'm a big fan of charming, quaint towns, autumn atheistic, history, baking, and anything with a little magic! I've always been enamored with the mystical history of Salem, MA, and visited a few times. (It truly is an enchanted place!) I love books about witches and have written my own fiction story that incorporates magical realism. I'm excited to be a part of this group!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm new to Goodreads, and an avid reader and writer. I'm a big fan of charming, quaint towns, autumn atheistic, history, baking, and anything with a little magic! I've always been enam..."

Hey Alyssa! I don't know how I missed your message- I'm so sorry! Welcome to our group. I am also a big fan of quaint towns, autumn everything, magic and witches. I'm looking forward to reading with you!

message 14: by Katie (new)

Kate wrote: "Hey there! I’m Kate, 44, editor, a practicing witch and an avid reader of witch books both fiction and non. I live in Connecticut, site of the first government-sanctioned witch murder in America. I..."

Welcome Kate! I also love Witches of New York and We have Always Lived in the Castle is another of my favorites- did you see the movie of it they made on Netflix?
We will be reading together and discussing. I moderate it all (sometimes I fall behind, but I'll try really hard not too), but please don't be shy to start conversations and stuff. Glad you're here!

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments Katie wrote: "Kate wrote:

Hey! I did see the movie, yeah. I really like Vera Farmiga but the whole thing was just so wildly different than I envisioned it in my head! It was way less Merricat-POV than I would have liked. But it was enjoyable. Have you read Wakenhyrst? I just started it and seems like a good witch-tangential book.

message 16: by Katie (new)

That's so interesting! For me, it was wildly similar to how I'd imagined it- which is rare. I do love the Merricat POV though and wouldn't have minded more of that.

I haven't read or heard of Wakenhyrst- I'm going to need to be adding to the the bookshelf of this group soon. I'll check it out, maybe I can add that.

message 17: by Lauren (last edited Dec 10, 2019 05:54AM) (new)

Lauren | 1 comments My name is Lauren and since October have been reading everything fiction and nonfiction Witchcraft and just finished "A Secret History of Witches" by Louisa Morgan. Loved it!

message 18: by Katie (new)

Hi Lauren! I haven't read that yet- I'll have to add it to my reading list. Welcome and I look forward to reading with you!

message 19: by Katie (new)

Heather wrote: "Hello All, I am a Hekate practioner. Looking forward to quality witchy reads as recommended by this group and being immersed in some good 'book talk.'"

Hey Heather! Welcome and I look forward to reading with you :)