Where'd You Go, Bernadette
This topic is about Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Books > Where's you go Bernadette?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

James Speiker | 19 comments Mod
September 18th meeting

If not taken seriously, this is a good book. Funny with many twists and turns that are very much unexpected. Interesting way to tell a story and for me it works.

message 3: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Richey | 2 comments I agreed that was funny with many twists. However, since it became more unbelievable as it went on and the story developed, I enjoyed it less the further I got in to the read. Interested in the movie but not sure I'd recommend the book.

I just had a discussion about community, it reminded me about Elgies and Bernadette's position. Elgie's comment about paying the fees and that is enough, he is behind Bernadette about not being in the community. Calling the women who do more in the school "gnats" was another reason I didn't care for her (them).

What do you think they would feel about the Optimist club or would they be members? If they were, would they be active or just pay their dues?

message 5: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Richey | 2 comments Interesting question! I do not feel that they would even acknowledge the existence of an Optimist Club. Unless Elgie had to belong as part of the Microsoft culture. So my vote - they wouldn't be members.