Play Book Tag discussion

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
August 2018: Espionage > I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you by Ally Carter

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ShazM | 389 comments This is the first book in a YA series about a school for spies. Exceptionally smart girls, some with family spy connections and some without, attend this secret school which, to the local community, pretends to be an exclusive school for rich girls. I love the description of how the school turns itself into a normal place when they have a code red!

This was a fun read and I wish it had been around when I was at school but I did lose interest a bit. It's clever and I enjoyed reading about the sort of lessons they have and the things the girls learn but it's been an awful long time since I had to worry about whether a boy liked me or not so the teenage angst wasn't particularly interesting!

I'd definitely recommend this to Mothers of mid-teen daughters, you could get a lot of harmless fantasies out of this!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

You had me at the title! I laughed out loud. How great. Good review.

message 3: by Karin (last edited Aug 17, 2018 06:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karin | 7477 comments This is a fun series, and my girls enjoyed it, although they outgrew it before they were all published. The last two were published when my eldest was 17 & 18. Well, perhaps my second daughter read them, too, but I no longer remember.