Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Seperating the most popular edition

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jana (new)

Jana (ahoiprause) | 2 comments I'm not quite sure how to name this but I hope I can properly explain myself.
This edition Das Kalte Herz und andere Märchen is a collection of multiple german fairytales by Wilhelm Hauff and should therefore not be listed as an edition of the single work Das kalte Herz but rather an edition of the actual fairytale collection that is to be found here Das kalte Herz und andere Märchen.
I tried separating the edition/combining it with the correct work but I can't because apparently it is the most popular edition. I am really confused now and don't quite know how to solve that issue.

message 2: by Arenda (last edited Aug 17, 2018 03:16AM) (new)

Arenda | 22171 comments To separate the most popular edition, you have to select all other editions and separate those from the most popular. So for this edition, you have to select all 57 other editions.

There are several ways to separate editions.
It is possible to separate a single edition (not the most popular) from the combine page. To separate multiple editions at once, the separate tool has to be used: https://www.goodreads.com/book/separa...

message 3: by Jana (new)

Jana (ahoiprause) | 2 comments Arenda wrote: "To separate the most popular edition, you have to select all other editions and separate those from the most popular. So for this edition, you have to select all 57 other editions.

There are sever..."

Thank you! That helped a lot.