Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author name in wrong format

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (pebbles320) | 13 comments I've just noticed that when go to My Books and sort by author name, The Star Witness comes up at the top. However it shouldn't as the author's name is Andy Hamilton so it should be sorted with other H authors.
It even comes above Aaronovitch, Ben so it's not like it's being sorted by the author's first name.

Not sure exactly what's going on but it seems the author name has been entered in the wrong format so it's not sorting properly. I'd appreciate it if someone could look into this.

message 2: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (pebbles320) | 13 comments This is for the Kindle edition, by the way. I'm not sure if the same error is showing up for the other editions.

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22171 comments Not all editions had the same author. One of them had an incorrect sorting name. I've corrected that, and also moved all editions to the correct Andy Hamilton.
Can you please check if the book is sorting correctly now?

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22171 comments There are four different profiles for an Andy Hamilton. Their books were all mashed up. I've sorted the books and moved them to their matching author profiles.

message 5: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (pebbles320) | 13 comments Thank you, it's now in the right place and showing as Hamilton, Andy.

message 6: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (pebbles320) | 13 comments Looking at the author profile for Andy Hamilton, it looks like Old Harry's Game and the subsequent series should be listed as 'Not a book' in line with other BBC radio series.