2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Little Italy (Gaslight Mystery, #8)
This topic is about Murder in Little Italy
Murder in Little Italy > Question M

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Any other topics you’d like to discuss? Your overall opinion of the story?

message 2: by Robin (last edited Aug 19, 2018 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I thought the mystery of who killed Nainsi was very easy to figure out. I was wrong about who the father of the baby was. I didn't like Joe, but didn't think he would end up being the father of the baby.

I liked that there were several scenes with Sarah and Frank working together. I also thought Catherine/Aggie's reaction to the booze on Sarah's breath was interesting. Can't wait to see where that leads us.

Lol! I got the paternity right but waffled on the killer until almost at the reveal.

I didn’t like Joe either and never understood why he just abandoned his wife emotionally. Didn’t his mother choose her for him?

That scene with Aggie/Catherine was interesting. I’m looking forward to when her story is revealed.

I liked this one but it didn’t have the complexities of past stories.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments It really wasn't clear why Joe stopped sleeping with his wife and went to find another woman. I think you're right about his mother choosing his wife for him. That could certainly be the reason why.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, Joe and Maria's marriage was arranged and I think that Maria's inability to conceive drove a wedge between them. At one point Maria seems to blame Joe for not being able to give her a child and this might have led him to "seek affection" elsewhere.

Maria was desperate for a baby, and the fact that Joe was the father of Nainsi's child probably pushed her over the edge.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think they were incompatible from the onset. Maria had to be a bit unbalanced already. It takes a lot to slit someone’s throat. She was a bit too calculating for me to buy her being insane.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "She was a bit too calculating for me to buy her being insane."

Absolutely! Insane people don't cover their tracks as well as she did.