2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Little Italy (Gaslight Mystery, #8)
This topic is about Murder in Little Italy
Murder in Little Italy > Question J

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
What clues were there that pointed to Maria as the killer? Were you troubled by her manic behavior throughout the story?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments She was my chief suspect from the beginning. I figured she wanted that baby and wasn't going to see it go out the door when Nainsi left. She also wanted to make sure that Nainsi's mother didn't get custody of the baby either.

Good work, Robin!

Honestly, I couldn’t decide who killed Nainsi. The more manic Maria became, the more unbalanced she seemed and I started thinking about her. But, when Nainsi’s mother was murdered, I abandoned her because the method was so...male.

Phrynne | 605 comments I didn't suspect Maria until the end when she was obviously insane. She always seemed to stay in the house so I didn't for a moment think she killed Nainsi's mother!

Me either, Phrynne!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Maria's behavior troubled me throughout the story, but it was only once Lorenzo was ruled out as the killer that I knew it was her.

I think that might have been when I started focusing on her, too. Still, it was close to the reveal before I honed in on her.

message 8: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments She was always my prime suspect, even if at some points (like with the death of Nainsi’s mother) I thought she had an accomplice. It turns out she kind of had an accomplice, but only for tricking Antonio. Speaking of which, being an older sister myself I find what Joe did to his little brother beyond disgusting. He really was scum.

Good sleuthing, Giulia!

We’ve not discussed how awful Joe was in this story. He betrayed his entire family.