2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Little Italy (Gaslight Mystery, #8)
This topic is about Murder in Little Italy
Murder in Little Italy > Question H

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Sarah finds a way to get Aggie’s permission to now call her Catherine but later Aggie/Catherine has a strong reaction to the whiskey she sees on the table and smells on Sarah’s breath. Any speculation about what may have happened to her?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I wonder if her mother or father was a drunk who became violent when they were drinking. Maybe they died from alcohol and she ended up in the children's home.

That’s a good supposition, Robin. I also thought that maybe someone drunk attacked her family and she was threatened not to say anything, which might account for her silence.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Good point. I didn't think that it could be why she doesn't speak.

Phrynne | 605 comments I assumed a drunk, violent man in her early life - maybe her father or her mother's lover.

What is she, about 4-years old? I think this just happened and was responsible for her being alone and on the streets.

Phrynne | 605 comments I was thinking she was a bit older but now you say that I am sure you are right!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, it would seem that someone, perhaps a parent or even a stranger, who drank whiskey has traumatized her and led to her self-imposed silence. Whatever happened may even have led to her being found on the streets.