2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Little Italy (Gaslight Mystery, #8)
This topic is about Murder in Little Italy
Murder in Little Italy > Question G

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Sarah and Frank had a couple of tender moments in this story (his embrace of her after frightening her, him making her tea, him removing her from Ugo’s path, etc.). Your thoughts about the progression of their relationship?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I love the progression of their relationship and wouldn't mind it it would speed up a little bit. I also wish we would get a little more of what Sarah is thinking about Frank and visa versa.

I have to keep reminding myself that not only is it the early 1900s but there’s a big class difference, too. So, I’m patient but really loved how easy they’ve become with each other. Those tender moments are starting to become more frequent.

Phrynne | 605 comments Book eight already and still only a few special moments. The author is toying with us!!! She is kind of right though - once they are together the whole atmosphere of the books has to change a bit, which may or may not work as well as it does now.

I’ve thought about that, Phrynne. The dynamics will definitely change and I’m not sure if that’s a good, bad or neutral thing.

Phrynne | 605 comments I remember things changing in the Sebastian St Cyr series but the books remained good. Different but good:)

Oh, that’s a good reference! Fingers crossed the same will happen here.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, it is a different time period and as such I'm more accepting of the slow burn. I also keep in mind that this series is not a romance but an historical mystery.

Good point, Lauren.

message 10: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments I like the extremely slow pace of their relationship, it gives the time to focus on other important relationships in Frank and Sarah's lives and to develop some side characters without taking too much time away from the mystery :)

If I’m honest with myself, I also like this slow burn, Giulia.