2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Little Italy (Gaslight Mystery, #8)
This topic is about Murder in Little Italy
Murder in Little Italy > Question A

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Who did you immediately suspect was the baby’s real father? Did your opinion change as the story progressed?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I actually believed that Lorenzo was the father of the baby. When someone mentioned that Antonio had gone to the dances with his brother, I assumed it was Lorenzo because Joe was already married. I figured Lorenzo got Nainsi pregnant, but said he wouldn't marry her. I figured he didn't know that she then targeted his younger brother and got a quickie marriage. I was really convinced when the baby was born and he seemed to want to be around the baby (and Maria).

I thought it was Joe. First, he came to get Sarah when the baby was about to be born and behaved like an expectant father. Though I later learned he was married, I couldn’t shake my first instincts. And when Maria became obsessed with that baby, my suspicions were confirmed.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Good job, Jonetta. I didn't even pick up on his behavior when he came to get Sarah.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I also suspected Lorenzo even though I didn't want to because he seemed like the nicest of the brothers.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Lauren wrote: "I also suspected Lorenzo even though I didn't want to because he seemed like the nicest of the brothers."

He was the only member of the family that I actually liked.

message 7: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments I thought it was Joe from the way Nainsi and Maria behaved. I wavered a bit when Lorenzo started to care for the baby, but I always hoped it would be Joe because I too liked Lorenzo.

You and I were on the same wave length, Giulia!